Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Growth & Revenue Platform teams:
Product Growth is the business group focused on making sure users of our primary paid subscription, which is Canva’s #1 revenue driver, get the most out of the subscription by building growth experiments and features that highlight it’s value, as well as building growth frameworks and tooling in order to facilitate rapid development in this space.
We partner with other product groups and teams, leveraging our growth and experimentation engine to maximise the impact of all the amazing features and bring as much value to our community as possible.
As part of the Product Growth group, the Revenue Platform team is owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva, be this through a subscription or a one-off transaction. No two countries are the same, so it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritise what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features.
About this role:
Revenue Platform is building a high performance payment processing capability in order to process billions of dollars of revenue. This role will optimise our interfaces into financial payment networks to maximum payment success rates and minimise fraud.
You'll be working on systems that are mission critical to Canva's revenue where your impact to can be directly mapped to company critical goals. You will become a domain expert in technical aspects of credit card network and alternate payment methods worldwide, and leverage these skills to improve payment success rates
What you'll do :
- Focus on improving market payment success rates.
- Working with researchers, growth managers, payment service providers and data analysts to identify opportunities for optimisation.
- Implementing enhancements to integration between Canva and payment service providers.
- Conducting A/B experiments to optimise for payment success while minimising fraud.
- Working with Revenue Platform service teams to surface information required to improve payment success rates.
- Working primarily BE but expected to interact with FE code components and be open to skilling up.
- Become a domain expert in technical aspects of credit card network and alternate payment methods worldwide
Key skills and experience desired:
- 3+ years of experience at a software development company (we can adapt the role and compensation for different levels of expertise - senior/staff engineers are also welcome to apply!)
- Competency in Java (or C#)
- Competency working with relational databases
- Strong knowledge of building APIs
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements, iterate ideas and build custom solutions
- (Bonus) Full-stack (react/typescript) experience
- (Bonus) Experience with financial systems
- (Bonus) Experience with optimisation through A/B testing
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.