We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves providing our millions of users with the best design and copy, to give them a clear understanding of how best they can use our customizable templates and elements.
To support this goal, we are looking for a content specialist who will work closely with copywriters both in-house and offsite. The role of a Content Specialist is to help our talented copywriters add more value to our designs with beautifully crafted copy - delivered on time.
A Content Specialist’s mission will be to coordinate our copywriting processes, as well as review copy weekly, improve existing copy, and support all arms of the copy creation workflow. This person will hit these goals through close collaboration with our broader Presentations product team.
This is a rare opportunity for copywriters looking for the next step in their career, or for experienced copy editors looking to take their craft to a product platform.
About the candidate
The Content Specialist provides initiative, direction, and support to build the best template library in the world through one of the most crucial aspects of a design: its content. You'll be working closely with a vibrant and friendly creative studio consisting of Art Directors, Copywriters, and Designers in charge of the many template campaigns that the product has to offer. This is an opportunity to strategize and develop exceptional ideas from the ground up, influence the product's overall direction, and create fresh, relevant, and usable content for our users.
What you'll be doing...
- Hands-on copy assigning, reviewing, editing, and creation across different content subcategories of Canva Presentations, including, but not limited to marketing, brand guidelines, business, technology, architecture, listing, portfolio, visual charts, pitch deck, keynote, medical, finance, and advertising.
- Champion daily content and coordination requirements for templates and ensure that all our weekly copies are requested and reviewed on time
- Improve style and tone in copy delivery on a weekly basis and inform new style guides as and when needed for our swiftly growing content library.
You’ll love this role if...
- You have Intermediate to professional understanding and work experience in copywriting and copy editing, developing a keen appreciation of local and international writing trends
- You have an excellent grasp of the English language - technically strong with a flair for either structured or creative style of writing
- You’re an experienced business writer adept at creating effective content for multi page documents that professionals, businesses, and companies use.
- You have a good understanding of what professionals, businesses, and companies need, applying those learnings and best practices to the copies you produce.
- You have a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses, and the different nuances of requested topics
- You’re able to give helpful and constructive feedback as well as coaching to offsite copywriters
Ready to apply? Set your application up for success and send your CV along with your curated portfolio including samples of business writing such as:
- Other similar formats preferred
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for Good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.