We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group and/or team
As Canva’s reach continues to skyrocket, we aim to make Canva the go-to place for all design needs on the web. This involves providing our millions of users with the best design and copy, to give them a clear understanding of how best they can use our customisable templates and elements.
To support this goal, we are looking for a content specialist who will work closely with copywriters both in-house and offsite. The role of a Copywriting Specialist is to help our talented copywriters add more value to our designs with beautifully crafted copy - delivered on time.
A Copywriting Specialist’s mission will be to coordinate our copywriting processes, review copy weekly, re-iterate and support all arms of the copy creation workflow, including research, strategy, and project management. This person will hit these goals through close collaboration with our broader Social Media templates team.
This is a rare opportunity for copywriters looking for the next step in their career, or experienced copy editors looking to take their craft to a product platform.
About the candidate
The Copywriting Specialist provides initiative, direction, and support to building the best template library in the world through one of the most crucial aspects of a design: its content. You'll be working closely with a vibrant and friendly creative studio consisting of Art Directors, Copywriters, and Designers in charge of the many template campaigns that the product has to offer. This is an opportunity to strategize and develop exceptional ideas from the ground up, influence the product's overall direction, and create fresh, relevant, and usable content for our users.
What you'll do...
- Hands-on copy assigning, reviewing, editing and creation across different content categories such as presentations, brochures, cards, infographics and more.
- Champion daily content and coordination requirements for templates and ensure that all our weekly copies are requested and reviewed on time.
- Improve style and tone in copy delivery on a weekly basis and inform new style guides as and when needed for our swiftly growing content library.
You’ll love this role if...
- Intermediate to professional understanding and work experience in copywriting and copy editing, developing a keen appreciation of local and international writing trends
- Excellent grasp of the English language - technically strong with a flair for either structured or creative style of writing
- Enjoys writing or editing a variety of different topics (from greeting cards to promotional copies, business presentations, creative newsletters and the like)
- Has a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses and the different nuances of requested topicsIs able to give helpful and constructive feedback as well as coaching to offsite copywriters
Ready to apply? Set your application up for success and submit your curated portfolio:
- Facebook ad
- Instagram ad
- Tiktok post
- Or anything social media!
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.