We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Business Systems is a sub-group of the Information Technology (“IT”) group, it comprises of Procurement, Global Workforce Planning, Business and Workplace Systems and IT operations to drive secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. This is a new group where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting these critical groups.
About the role
In this role you will support the evolution of Canva’s Global Workforce team. Our global contractors, hiring teams, People (HR) and wider groups will be your key stakeholders for this role. In addition, you will partner with Talent Acquisition, Procurement, Finance, Legal, Vibe, Internal Infra, Security, PR Comms and Canva Foundation to deliver drive our global expansion efforts.
This is a new function for Canva, so you’ll need to be comfortable with setting up process flows that work for both the business, our existing and future Contractors and ensure that we succeed with our international efforts.
You will create strategies, reporting and analytics providing visibility into global workforce programs. You will make recommendations to the business against requests for new entities and global contractors providing timely and accurate advice.
What you'll do:
- Provide advice and support to our contractors and hiring managers from pre-employment through to offboarding
- Ensure the highest level of data accuracy and data integrity within our systems
- Generate and analyse contractor reporting, drawing useful insights and offering recommendations
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with others to resolve contractor queries
- Maintain our self-service knowledge base to keep information up to date and relevant for contractors and hiring managers
- Drive operational excellence within the Global Workforce function by maintaining living and breathing standard operating procedures
- Identify and deliver continuous improvement initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in international operations and contingent workforce management or distributed workforce
- Experience in employment laws and employment related risks
- Outstanding attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Excellent problem solver, key to this role is the ability to see through challenges, identify problems and implement improvements
- Ability to learn new technologies, processes and approaches
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.