We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our Design Education Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
Canva’s entire vision revolves around “empowering the world to design” and this happens through many channels and experiences, especially in the Design Education team. Content with a strong voice, the right balance of education and personality and empathy for our users is crucial for us to deliver on this vision.
As a copywriter at Canva, it’s your mission to create content that makes complex things simple giving ordinary people the ability to make extraordinary things. We place a strong emphasis on the success of our users, and content in all forms has a big impact on that. This means content producers are involved in helping to define Canva’s learning journeys—ensuring that our customers receive a high-quality experience. This includes copy for all types of users like teachers and students, nonprofits, small businesses, large enterprises and much more. Across all educational formats like tutorials, video scriptwriting, email campaigns, in-app messages and instructions, long-form articles, playbooks, style guides, lesson plans, landing pages, and webinars.
What you'll do
- You'll write high-quality and timely content for many different educational formats. Mostly video scripts, tutorials, courses, playbooks, landing pages and webinars.
- You'll review current content and see how it can be revised and improved for greater impact.
- You'll make learning complex concepts simple, empowering our users to feel confident to design in Canva.
- You'll be able to write and softly change tone to use a balanced mix of educational, storytelling, and sales skills.
- You'll develop content that is able to scale across multiple languages.
- You'll evaluate the performance of content to ensure it is meeting the objectives set through data and feedback.
- You'll contribute to and further develop Canva’s educational brand voice and tone.
- You'll get partner with other specialties across Canva, including marketing & growth
Experience you'll have
- You'll have at least 2 years of professional content writing experience.
- You're able to write and deliver high quality content for multiple channels and mediums in a timely manner.
- You demonstrate a versatility of writing styles that adapts to appeal to various user target markets at different learning levels.
- You're very collaborative and solution-focused approach.
- You're passionate about great content and how it contributes to an amazing user experience and enables growth of the product.
- You have a good understanding of SEO.
- You'll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You'll be self-motivated and well organized.
- If you have any educational content writing experience, that's a bonus!
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.