We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
We are looking for an Internal Communications Content Producer who can work closely with the Canva Brand Creative team to execute on the strategy and vision set by our Internal communications team.. You will work closely with a senior designer to develop and execute an editorial calendar and build beautiful, clear and engaging content for both internal and external audiences. You will lead the creative execution of existing and new communication channels, including the Canva platform, Slack channels and regular team meetings and virtual events. You will consult with key stakeholders across the business to understand the proactive and reactive communication needs of key internal teams including Canva Leadership, PR, People, Product and Marketing teams.
You will be part of the Canva Creative team and work in conjunction with an Internal Comms Designer, Videographers, Editors, Illustrators and Motion Designers to help develop critical business communications. You will work closely with cross functional teams at Canva (Internal Comms, Leadership, Marketing, Channel, Product, Partnerships) to develop thoughtful communications and consistent brand and product experiences.
About The Canva Creative Team
Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
As part of this team you’ll help create a brand that communicates our purpose, defines perception and awareness globally, and puts a spotlight on our diverse community– ensuring they receive a human, inspiring and empowering experience.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritisation that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
How We Work
Our internal clients include the Product Marketing, Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing teams as well as internal business teams such as our Leadership, Community, Recruitment & Vibe teams. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding. We scale through our external agency and production partners and collaborate with cross functional creative teams such as Product and Sales.
- Assist the Internal comms creative team execute clear and effective internal communications covering a broad range of topics, channels & formats.
- Develop an efficient ‘Always on’ production strategy to help execute on regular and reactive cadence of communications across various channels in partnership with Internal Comms and Leadership stakeholders
- Assist with the content development for Season Opener events (Virtual and IRL)
- Assist in building an architecture and eco-system for efficient and effective cross-company communications
- Work with PR team to develop business critical external facing communications in various formats
- Assist in quality assurance of assets and analysis of key communications to learn how to optimise
- You’re Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- You’re Eager to learn and evolve. From creative craft to leadership skills to market trends – you never stop pushing into the next big challenge. You work alongside people who are better than you at some things. To you this isn’t a threat, but an inspiring opportunity to learn and grow.
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You balance creative and strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and pixel-perfect craft without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. Your communication skills help you work cross-functionally with other teams. You brainstorm concepts and facilitate workshops. You give and receive constructive feedback and can clearly articulate how creative work can be improved, mentoring others to deliver their best work.
- You have a bias for action. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in. No task is too small (or big!) if it helps the team around you to be more effective, and rallies them to achieve their goals faster.
- Always striving for your best. You’re a talented creative with amazing design chops, yet you never stop pursuing excellence in yourself and in your work – “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.”
- You have 6-8 years experience in an Internal Communications and or Content Manager role
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.