We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Our brand team’s mission is to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. As Canva’s community manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy that brings our community of Canva users closer together and make them fall in love with our brand and product but also the values it stands for.
About the role
You’ll be a creative and compassionate community leader and a rock-star content creator with experience executing across different social media channels. You’ll be a people’s person, a risk taker, embrace experimenting with new ideas, thrive in ambiguity and love big challenges. You’ll do everything you can to help the members of our communities and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, trends, tools and social insights.
What you’ll be doing...
- Produce engaging social media content to educate, inspire and entertain our community of users. This will include video tutorials, engagement posts, fun challenges, product launches, case studies, live events, and quirky promotional content
- Identify trending topics for content opportunities and develop a content calendar to ensure a constant supply of relevant content in our Facebook communities
- Grow the community in the form of new members/followers, monthly active members, interactions and comments
- Engage and share the #Canvalove with the community through local social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Perform daily admin tasks to ensure the good functioning of our Canva communities: members and posts approvals, answering members’ questions, engaging in the conversation, etc.
- Work with our PH Community team and video editor to create impactful content that help build a sense of community, educate our user base, or build brand awareness
- Brainstorm and develop campaigns and new content ideas for the Canva PH social media channels and communities
- Liaise with the other community managers at Canva to align content, tone of voice and branding across individual social media profiles in selected international markets.
- Create monthly insights reports and keep track of KPIs to analyze content performance across the Canva communities on Facebook.
- Build and create our social media strategy by understanding different needs and cultures across our local communities.
We' d love it if you have
- At least 3 years experience in an organic / user generated content social media strategy and execution.
- Experience creating video content for social media (Facebook, YouTube, Tik Tok, Linkedin)
- Experience managing large Facebook groups, ideally for an international brand
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them to create passionate communities (Facebook, Facebook groups, YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter, Tik Tok)
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
What you'll love at Canva..
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- HMO with free dependents
- Professional Educational Support
- Gym Benefits
- Free breakfast and lunch meals prepared by our in-house chefs!
- A 7am – 4 pm schedule
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
Rest assured - everyone's safety is our top priority. If you get the role, you'll be working remotely with the rest of the team until it's safe to go back to the office and resume normal operations.
is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.