We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
* This is a 12 month contract for applicants based in Turkey/who are Turkish
About the team
The unique position you’re coming into is as a Community Manager within the Creators Team. This team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our template Creators and keep them engaged by creating high quality templates.
We are entering an exciting new phase for our Canva Marketplace, specifically template creation where we will enable designers, educators/teachers and NFPs to publish their own templates for the Canva community to use.
You are quick on your feet, patient, and community focused. Above all things, you love community and you understand what it is to be a true community. You are comfortable navigating around current and upcoming social media tools, and have the creative abilities to turn ideas into reality. You are driven and passionate about community, marketplaces, user engagement, and providing people with a positive and exciting community experience.
Last but not least, you are resourceful and a go-getter; you are comfortable with taking the initiative to surprise and delight our design community.
What you'll be doing
- Grow Canva Creators by identifying and recruiting prospective Creators;
- Engage the Canva Creators community in by creating relevant content and resources to support the community’s template production;
- Cultivate a sense of community amongst Creators, building a strong and passionate network of advocates for Canva Creators;
- Inspire and motivate Creators to empower them to design across different doctypes;
- Publish all important communication to the Community in your Community Room and localise the tone to ensure it resonates with the community;
- Gather feedback and liaise with your regional lead to build the next iterations for Canva Creators to ensure enthusiasm grows;
- Be responsible for end-to-end success of the Creators Community;
- Ensure a happy and healthy Creator community by escalating any issues;
- Be the architect of belonging by identifying ways to help Creators up the commitment curve
- Understand and build relationships with your community through 1:1s, surveys, webinars and social meetups (virtual due to COVID), and excite them by hosting competitions and other engaging activities
- Offer guidance and support to Creators by working cross-functionally with Product, Education, Customer Happiness Team, and Payments team
Experience you will need
- At least 3 years experience in organic / user generated content social media and community strategy and execution.
- Experience creating content for social media and communities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Experience managing large Facebook groups, ideally for a local brand
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them to create passionate communities
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle
When applying to this role, please provide the following:
- Your resume
- Previous work samples
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.