We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its stakeholders. That means we empower every team within the company to work quickly and autonomously, while at the same time maintaining compliance in all areas.
As a fast growing group, we’ve only scratched the surface of the insights we can provide, and our potential to influence Canva’s strategic decisions.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.
What does Marketing Finance do?
Marketing Finance is one of the teams within the broader Commercial Finance specialty. We are the strategic business partner to the Marketing & Engagement group within Canva, and work closely with them to sustainably grow Canva’s MAU & ARR. This ranges from playing a key role in shaping marketing investment strategy (where is the next dollar best spent, globally?), to owning all the financial infrastructure and foundations that enable Marketing to operate seamlessly, at scale.
As our Commercial Finance Manager - Marketing you will:
- Empower your team: Building and developing a strong team of high performing members, and enabling them to have a bigger impact at Canva.
- Bring clarity to chaos across Marketing investment: Build and own the planning and reporting framework to give clarity across marketing investment and outcomes at a global, regional and campaign level
- Operational excellence: Own planning (seasonal and annual) for marketing, globally and evolve these processes so they can operate seamlessly at scale
- Play a role in driving incremental MAU and ARR growth: Partner with cross functionally with strategy and operational teams to identify and realise growth opportunities
Who we are looking for:
- A strong and empathetic leader: You will have a passion for mentoring, empowering and developing people, and excel at helping others grow their impact
- An expert of their craft: You will have strong experience working in similar finance roles. You have led finance teams through complex cross-functional processes such as annual planning, and led operational excellence initiatives to provide the foundation for growth at scale. You will also have experience being a strategic business partner to senior non-Finance stakeholders
- Master of bringing chaos to clarity: You will know how to operate and be successful in a high growth environment, and thrive on problem solving and dealing with ambiguity, willing to get your hands dirty when needed
- An excellent communicator and influencer: Your interpersonal and communication skills are first class, allowing you to develop strong professional relationships. You can influence both finance and non-finance stakeholders in a pragmatic way to achieve the right long term outcome for the business
We would love if you had:
- 6+ years of experience in a commercial finance or FP&A role in a fast growing and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability in building out and leading high performing teams, and helping team members grow their impact
- Exceptional communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen and a pragmatic approach to complex commercial problems
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts quickly
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Advanced MS Excel / Google Sheets skills
- SQL is a plus
- Experience partnering marketing is a plus
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.