We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Finance business partnering team are the trusted co-pilots to our many different teams, delivering key financial insights to help them achieve their goals which in turn drives the success of Canva. We’re a highly visible team, and the work we do has a huge impact in shaping both the strategic direction and day to day operations of canva.
The finance & legal team’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams.
The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
You are a qualified CA/CPA with a keen eye for detail and a strong desire to learn. You have a strong sense of ownership and approach tasks with a problem solving attitude, focused on continuous improvement. You’re someone that loves creating clarity from chaos. When operating in a fast paced environment, you’re able to adapt quickly, manage workloads and meet deadlines with support and oversight. You excel at all forms of communication, being able to clearly communicate insights and ideas in oral and written form to both finance & non-finance stakeholders.
In this role you will be the owner of global marketing spend - includes but not limited to:
- Reporting across all of our campaigns and paid channels, including commentary and insights
- Budget tracking, reporting and post-completion analysis for our major tentpole campaigns
- Supporting planning activities, such as annual budgeting and monthly forecasting with the central team that maintains the overall forecast model
- Helping weave the story and interpret what both financial & non-financial metrics are telling us about performance, and where risks/opportunities lie
- Be the key driving force for process improvement - identifying areas of improvement in both financial & operational, and helping take the business along the journey
- Act as a key stakeholder for the operational marketing team - helping monitor spend and performance, giving them complete transparency and flagging potential risks
- Ad hoc involvement in wider finance projects and other business partnering
What we are looking for
- 2+ years in a commercial analyst/FP&A role in a commercial environment
- Self motivated with a strong desire to turn chaos into clarity
- Experienced with reporting, budgeting and forecasting Experienced with managing complex activity based costing/project finance reporting frameworks
- Advanced Excel & financial modelling/report building skills (not just rolling forward, but experience building from scratch)
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Extensive working with non-finance functions, and are able to clearly communicate ideas and insights to both finance & non finance stakeholders
- SaaS industry experience is a plus, as is having worked with internal Marketing functions
What you will learn
- You will learn the ins and outs of marketing at a global scale in a rapid growth SaaS company from a world class marketing team (ex. Uber, Grab, Google, AirBnB, Netflix, you name it)
- You will grow and develop as a business partner - working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, which will help you refine and develop your business partnering approach
- You’ll learn how to use your reporting, insights and commentary to drive action in the business
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.