We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
The Commercial Finance team are the trusted co-pilots to our many different business units, delivering key financial insights to help them achieve their goals which in turn drives the success of Canva. We’re a highly visible team, and the work we do has a huge impact in shaping both the strategic direction and day to day operations of Canva.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
What you'll do:
- Reporting across all of our campaigns and paid channels, including commentary and insights
- Budget tracking, reporting and post-completion analysis for our major tentpole campaigns
- Supporting planning activities, such as annual budgeting and monthly forecasting with the central team that maintains the overall forecast model
- Helping weave the story and interpret what both financial & non-financial metrics are telling us about performance, and where risks/opportunities lie
- Be the key driving force for process improvement - identifying areas of improvement in both financial & operational, and helping take the business along the journey
- Build strong relationships and act as a key stakeholder for the operational marketing team - helping monitor spend and performance, giving them complete transparency and flagging potential risks
- Ad hoc involvement in wider finance projects and other business partnering initiatives
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years in a commercial analyst/FP&A role in a commercial environment
- Strong business acumen coupled with problem solving creativity and pragmatic commercial judgement
- Experience with analysing large volumes of data and building forecast models, and turning numbers into actions
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal), able to clearly articulate complex insights and take others along the journey
- An exceptional business partner - your stakeholders love you, and you’re comfortable building relationships with finance and non-finance stakeholders of any level
- Growth mindset, life-long learner that is always looking to grow the impact they have
- Someone who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty in order to set the function up for success into the future
- SQL (or at least a willingness to learn in the first few months of the role)
- SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day!
- In house gym and personal trainer
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.