We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Canva for Enterprise is built for any team or organization that has a need to visually communicate at scale. We have seen success across different types of companies, including those in the Fortune 500, franchises, and startups. Teams within organizations that enjoy Canva for Enterprise come from diverse departments such as Marketing, Sales, and HR.
The core focus of our team is to prove the power of Canva within recognisable Global Brands and Enterprise customers. Business owners are looking to move away from outdated systems and time-consuming design processes, and we aim to serve by empowering them with the ability to build better products and stories.
To ensure we continue to scale our vision globally, we’re hiring a Chief Revenue Officer to collaboratively develop our go-to-market strategy and help companies transform the way they communicate visually. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for building and integrating a sales engine into our large organically grown user base and self-serve business to deliver $XB in new ‘enterprise revenue’ within 24 months of joining.
What you'll do:
- Be a Force for Good: cultivate a team culture that includes accountability, customer-first mindset, high integrity, and an inclusive environment.
- Inspire great leadership: showcase great leadership and inspire others to want to be great leaders - while fostering a coaching mindset throughout the organization.
- Deeply understand what makes Canva unique: and creatively build and test GTM strategies that can scale quickly and add a huge amount of value to our customers.
- High-velocity strategy and execution: given our huge base of active users with penetration into 85%+ of fortune 500 the majority of our ‘enterprise growth’ will come from a high-velocity motion built on top of our successful self serve business.
- Build and scale a partner/channel/agency program: We already have organic success with partners and agencies selling Canva into organisations (such as Starbucks).
- Work with marketing and product leaders: closely to ensure we have the right products, are surfacing the right opportunities and are positioning ourselves for maximum growth and value delivery.
- Defining and implementing GTM scaling strategy: this strategy will incorporate major regions (AMER, EMEA, APAC, LATAM, China); sales performance across these regions and ongoing strategic alignment between Canva’s future growth plans.
- Voice of the customer: you listen to our customers and influence our product teams to help them evolve our products.
- Customer magic: a mark of Canva will be that every time our customers interact with us we create magic for them - so we just want you to be maniacally focused on creating the environment that makes customer magic happen.
- Sales enablement: develop strategies to establish new business in key segments, through experimentation, sales enablement and effective cross-functional collaboration.
What you'll achieve in the first 6+ months
- Working with founders, senior leaders and cross-functional partners to develop and execute a global GTM plan that achieves $XB in additional new ARR within 24 months.
- Ensure this strategy is cohesive with milestones, spanning from business development, customer success, marketing, outbound, channels and online sales.
- Provide input into Canva’s product and marketing strategies.
- In conjunction with product and growth, establish and scale a high velocity motion.
- Understand our organic success to build and scale a partner/channel/agency program.
- Build and hire a global team of innovative leaders who can build on global best practices and deliver success in their regions - and who actively collaborate and create a truly unique environment.
- Motivate, lead and inspire a high-performing global sales culture that reflects Canva’s values, customer centricity and inclusion.
- Attract, hire and retain best in-class team with a diverse background ensuring an environment of continuous learning, high performance & development.
What we're looking for:
- Accomplished leader with proven experience in building, managing and scaling a high-performing, global sales and success team, ideally in a freemium to Enterprise model.
- A product and data-driven leader that can supercharge growth on top of a world-class product and organic growth foundation.
- A collaborative leader and clear communicator.
- A data-driven and analytical thinker.
- 10+ years of building and leading high performing data-driven GTM organisations that include high velocity, enterprise, channel, and customer success.
- Experience working within a high-growth, tech company with the ability to collaborate with founders and senior leaders to create a vision and GTM strategy that can scale quickly.
- Someone with a highly strategic mindset who is able to create a unique GTM that will enable Canva to achieve ubiquitous global adoption in the fortune 500.
- Track record of owning and driving a successful multi-market SaaS sales organization to achieve goals in all areas of sales execution, including lead generation, pipeline management, closing deals and growing existing accounts.
- Significant experience in hiring, retaining and developing high-performing GTM teams through periods of rapid growth; you will have demonstrated very strong people leadership.
- Proven excellence in leading an organization working with small, medium and large enterprise accounts across different industries and geographies, ideally as it transforms from usage to value selling.
- Proven success as a CRO/CMO/GM or in a similar role, ideally within a velocity-to-enterprise B2B SaaS company.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options in one of the world's fastest-growing companies.
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance.
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous 401k plan.
- Generous leave policies (sick days, annual leave + parental leave).
- Private Health Cover.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.