We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the team
The Financial Operations (FinOps) team’s mission is to ensure that we have an accurate and complete data set upon which to perform timely financial analysis. We are at the core of the Finance Group, providing transactional services and financial data relied upon by the business and the wider finance team alike. FinOps is the largest team within Finance and continues to scale to support the business, including a Shared Services team based in Manila and local Sydney, China and Manila teams.
Due to this ongoing growth and scaling, we are looking for a Business Systems Analyst (Netsuite) to own the Finance team’s systems landscape.
About you / this role!
You will have strong experience with Netsuite and a passion for mentoring, empowering and developing people, helping support the team members setting their own strategies and direction as they build out their sub teams / functions. Helping the team deliver on its regular cadences and driving goals and projects forward.
You will have strong experience working in similar finance roles, building and growing successful teams and eye for good controls, process development and improvement at scale.
You will know how to operate and be successful in a high growth environment, and thrive on problem solving and dealing with ambiguity, willing to get your hands dirty when needed.
What you'll do:
- Leading the Financial Systems strategy and roadmap aligned with group goals and objectives, partnering with key Finance team leaders and stakeholders to define the roadmap and priorities
- Own all aspects of the Netsuite ERP and connected Finance operational systems, including configuration, testing of system changes, system upgrades and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities
- Maintain documentation for all system configurations / setup and integrations
- Ensuring a robust control environment within the Finance ecosystem, owning access rights and associated processes
- Partner with other cross functional technology leads / teams to create and monitor integrations; making sure integrations run successfully / resolving issues
- Working with third party system vendors, developing relationships and ensuring strong service delivery
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years experience, with a significant portion supporting finance and accounting systems and teams
- Technical experience with the Finance cloud ERP Netsuite is a must and a critical part of the role
- Experience with system implementations, integrations, scripting etc, working with data warehouses and third party systems and tools
- Process and systems analysis and design experience, program development
- Professional experience in a similar industry or high growth company experience being advantageous
- SOX ITGCs experience a bonus
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day!
- Professional education allowance
- Free Yoga membership
- In house gym and personal trainer
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.