We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our product has grown enormously in the last few years. We now have 10s of millions of users generating huge quantities of data every single day. To help us fuel our future growth, we need to better understand our data - this is where we need your help.
Your role will be to work with product/business managers, marketers, and data scientists, as well as data analysts and analytics engineers to build and own a suite of data models, reports, metrics, and dashboards for an area of the product/business.
These artefacts are a critical part of Canva’s continued success and hyper-growth, so you’ll need to be organised and self-motivated. Succeeding at this role will require excellent written and verbal communication, as well as empathy and the ability to make complex things simple.
You’ll be coming into a diverse team of more than thirty people, who really do enjoy finding answers to the problems that the business and our users have. We’re looking forward to continuing to grow our team and gaining a range of new perspectives and ideas on how we can achieve our goals and empower the world to design.
In this role, expect to:
- Become an expert on your area of the business and develop the analytics, data models, dashboards, and reporting relating to it
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that they understand their part of the product and how it is performing
- Find insights that suggest future directions and improvements in the product
- Analyse A/B tests and other experiments to optimise the product and steer it in the right direction
- Work with Analytics Engineers to ensure that our data warehouse is up-to-date and error-free
- Extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company through education projects
We'd love it if you have:
- Strong competency with SQL and experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
- Experience using Looker, Amplitude, Tableau, PowerBI or similar BI/data visualization tools
- Comfortable working with stakeholders to build up accurate reports on their areas of the business
- Experience with A/B testing and experiment analysis is a plus
- Experience with very large data sets is a plusAny prior experience with creative data visualisation or design is also valuable
Benefits and Total Rewards:
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team in Sydney HQ
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Interstate relocation assistance for folks who desire to relocate to Sydney HQ
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We are looking for people who love technology and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is setup for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so. Do you know we have a chef, Song and Chris, that make fantastic lunches for the team? Follow them on Instagram here to see what has been whipped up today: https://www.instagram.com/canvalife/
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.