We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
This role is part of the Business Systems team within Information Technology (“IT”) that drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. As part of IT you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting critical groups throughout the business.
As Canva grows, there is an increasing need to provide stakeholders in the business with timely, accurate and granular data enabling agile decisions to be made as required.
What you'll do:
- Partner with various teams to understand their needs and challenges in order to deliver projects that will allow them to focus more on people and less on process
- Get to the core of problems in order to define unambiguous requirements and propose solutions that will address the root cause and not the symptoms
- Bring clarity to chaos by understanding and documenting processes in order to identify opportunities for optimization
- Work closely with vendors to evaluate their offerings and ensure they will meet the requirements of the business
- Present your analysis and proposals to key stakeholders and guide alignment on the best path forward
- Collaborate with members of the Business Systems team on the implementation and verification of requirements
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a role where analyzed, proposed and delivered projects that improved how the business worked
- An eager learner who can pick up new skills quickly
- Experience gathering requirements and documenting processes while coordinating with cross-departmental and non technical teams
- An understanding of how systems can be used to improve delivery
- Curiosity and a desire to understand the root cause of problems
- Bias for action with a focus on delivering value
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
- Natural curiosity for learning
As part of the Business Systems team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users
- Learn from and work with some of Canva’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product & growth professionals
- Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.