Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group and team
Canva’s Marketing Group has a mission to “become the most loved brand in the world”. The Creative Team’s role in this mission is to make Canva famous through world-class creative campaigns.
Our in-house Creative Team is made up of a talented bunch of creatives across advertising, brand design and production. We also work with external agencies and production partners to bring our ideas to life. As a unified team, we deliver community-driven creative that’s designed to inspire and empower.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director & Designer, with experience in creative advertising and brand design. You’ll work on global campaigns for brand, product launches and cultural moments.
You’ll be responsible for ideating, testing, iterating, and crafting incredible creative across many media touchpoints – with a clear understanding of best practice for each channel.
You’ll bring to life big ideas that embed our brand in culture, humanise our product, and elevate our community. Helping to define Canva’s brand in the hearts and minds of people all over the world.
And you’ll learn, grow, and have lots of fun along the way!
- You have 8+ years agency and/or in-house experience in concepting, art direction, and design.
- You have experience producing integrated global campaigns, working across multiple media touchpoints, with a clear understanding of best practice for every channel. You're a conceptual thinker who can bring ideas to life that are shareable, loveable, culturally relevant and backed up by insights.
- You’re interested in incorporating insights, testing and metrics into your process, to inform your craft and achieve the most effective creative.
- You have a strong design point of view and a high level of design craft. You are proficient in Adobe Suite, Figma – and Canva of course!
You'll love this role if
- You’re comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- You’re eager to learn and evolve. From creative craft to leadership skills to market trends – you never stop pushing into the next big challenge. You work alongside people who are better than you at some things. To you, this isn’t a threat, but an inspiring opportunity to learn and grow.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You balance creative and strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and pixel-perfect craft without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. Your communication skills help you work cross-functionally with other teams. You brainstorm concepts and facilitate workshops. You give and receive constructive feedback and can clearly articulate how creative work can be improved, mentoring others to deliver their best work.
- You have a bias for action. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in. No task is too small (or big!) if it helps the team around you to be more effective, and rallies them to achieve their goals faster.
- Always striving for your best. You’re a talented creative with amazing design chops, yet you never stop pursuing excellence in yourself and in your work – “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.”
- You are passionate about making a difference to an emerging brand during a high-growth phase of maturation.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.