We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
We are looking for a Brand Designer who can conceptualise and deliver an exception and consistent brand experience across many media touchpoints. An understanding that various design applications and media such as print, digital, motion, and product design is key to this, to ensure sure that your vision is fully realised.
You will be part of the Canva Creative Brand Studio Squad and work in conjunction with Digital Designers, Illustrators and Motion Designers to bring ideas to life through multiple channels and surfaces. You will work closely with cross functional teams at Canva (Marketing, Channel, Product, Partnerships) to understand our products and ensure our brand is consistent across all consumer touch points.
About the team: Canva Creative Team
Our team Mission is “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. The Canva Creative team delivers brand assets, communications and advertising campaigns that are consistently, magically and unmistakingly Canva. We believe that everyone, everywhere, deserves the opportunity to create amazing designs – whatever their financial position or experience level.
That's why we're building the world's most inclusive design platform. Because we believe in...
Design for everyone.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world class talent with a focus on diversity, community and career development. In the next 6-12 months, we will be scaling our media spend and creative production to become a household name in America, and the world.
How We Work
Our internal clients include the Product Marketing, Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing teams as well as internal business teams such as our Recruitment & Vibe teams. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding. We scale through our external agency and production partners and collaborate with cross functional creative teams such as Product and Sales.
- Design creative solutions for Canva’s new product launches, landing pages and a wide range of other digital communication assets.
- Develop design guidelines and toolkits for high priority brand campaigns
- Create and manipulate a diverse range of content (digital and motion) that brings Canva to life in exciting creative executions
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers, art director, animators, videographers and marketers to bring our brand campaigns to life in unique and unforgettable ways
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions.
- A master designer, able to visualise the brand and its products to myriad demographics and personas clearly. Creating a sense of connection in their work between Canva and the audience
- You are the perfect balance between ideation at a conceptual level and execution, in bringing your ideas to life
- You’re interested in learning about digital strategies and web-based methodologies, because your work will help define the future of Canva’s brand
- Well-versed in static and motion design and animation and an understanding of how to connect with audiences through a variety of different platforms
- Minimum of 5 years in a forward-thinking brand design role.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates: Strong brand design principles and craft, A modern style & aesthetic, Creative thinking & Attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision and Canva
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.