We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 50 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
About the Ingredient Studio Creative Content Team:
The Ingredient Studio is responsible for the management of Canva’s content library and all the tools we use to ingest, sort and produce content.
The Content Team’s mission is to make sure that the content in Canva is the best overall quality library of resources available. Its mission is to create high-quality, highly usable, on trend and super relevant content to fulfill a user’s need and to become the go-to place for all things related to design, for both our inhouse designers and our users.
Our Production Team is further divided into smaller teams that work on specific parts of the library.
About the role:
You’ll be on a mission to ensure that content within the Canva editor is high quality, fresh, inspiring, and caters to every user. In addition to sourcing and managing content, the team is dedicated to improving the contributor experience as well as promoting the best content to Canva users.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills and a strong design/creative background to help produce content and direct production for the Canva library, manage some administrative tasks and provide artistic direction and quality assurance when necessary.
This role is vital to allow the team to function smoothly and assist the team hit their project goals efficiently and effectively.
What you'll do
- Leading project based work, producing all types of content based on content gaps, user requests, trends, etc. from pre-production planning to post production
- Researching relevant content and styles
- Creating detailed briefs
- Liaising with creatives during the entire production process
- Coordinating with in-house teams and making sure their content requests are being produced
- Working closely with Creative team leads in ensuring goals for the season are met
- Sourcing, screening and managing our global network of creatives
- Tracking and reviewing submissions/applications to ensure we get the best content for our users
- Producing and creating in-house content
Who you'll be
- 5+ years experience as a Mid-Senior Creative creating a diverse range of Content
- Experience working in and leading a small team of creatives, and providing professional support and development for junior creatives
- A passion for writing simple and clear briefs, with demonstrated experience in commissioning all types of creatives
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- Have a good eye for composition and are up to date with styles and trends
- Have in depth technical knowledge
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous annual and parental leave policies
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.