We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs by building a suite of easy-to-use design tools (for graphics, animation, video, and print) in over 100 languages, and across browser-based and mobile platforms.
Since launch in April 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million users in over 100 languages. We are the most valuable technology company in Australia, and one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies in the world. We’re a values-driven organisation with an engineering mindset that applies to everything that we do. Last year we continued to increase revenue and profitability, grew our valuation, and cracked the Top 10 in the Cloud 100.
Canva’s intuitive suite of design tools is built by an amazing team of engineers, designers, and product specialists from all over the world. As the features and services of our product suite expand, we’re setting some large and ambitious goals and thus -- are seeking Technical Leads to ensure that our engineering teams continue to deliver value to our customers.
About your team - Technical Support
- The mission of the technical support role is to ensure our developer community is successful. The Developer Experience group has 3 specialist teams - technical support, technical writers, and developer advocates. Developer advocates grow our developer community, technical writers provide resources for developers, and technical support ensures that if developers run into problems, they are supported, unblocked, and able to be successful in the Canva ecosystem.
- The technical support team is the main point of contact for developers who have technical questions about the Canva ecosystem, and also help to support the Technical writers and Developer advocates to enhance our developer community. They manage the inbound request queues to make sure we’re providing a great level of support. They are technical experts with deep knowledge of the Canva APIs and documentation, who can help developers to debug, and can also communicate with the engineering teams when needed to escalate issues.
Your role and responsibilities
- This could be a gateway to being a Software Engineer - Focus on Bash, Python and Front End Technologies
- You will be supporting Canva Software Engineers that build products, this is not a classic Technical Support or Desktop Support role working on networks and infrastructure, desktops etc
- You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing success of Canva 3rd-party developers. Your role as an Application Technical Software Support Specialist is to ensure that existing developers are informed of all new features, code changes and upcoming product releases, and are set up for success. You are the primary point of contact for developer enquiries throughout the entire developer lifecycle.
- You will work directly with our App Store, Partnerships and Print engineering teams
- You may find that you need to ask the engineering team to collaborate on solving a customer problem. You will reach out directly to the relevant engineering team and work closely with the engineering team to ensure we can resolve the issue.
- Developer champions
- As the people who are working closest to our developers, you and your team support will have the clearest view into the pain points they experience with our product. The technical support team raises awareness of these issues, and drives changes that improve the developer experience.
- Technical Experts
- As a Technical Support Specialist you are deeply familiar with the product, and work to constantly be aware of any changes which may impact developers. You are constantly learning and growing to pick up knowledge of new and emerging technologies to better support our developers in their unique development environments.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting with customers who are programmers/software developers
- Experience in writing small scripts ( Python, Bash, ) to create smooth workflows and reduce manual data handling
- Experience with plugin/extension development, and different web platforms and marketplaces.
- Experience in web development, and understand how to debug basic html/js/css sites
- Previous experience in a Level 2 (L2) support capacity
- Experience in using cloud-based internal application such as Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Experience managing video conferencing applications and hardware
- Strong verbal and written communication with strong documentation and organisational skills
- A strong customer-focused attitude and demeanour; at-home in an environment where things move very quickly
Who you are:
- A hands-on technical professional: You have a proven track record of formulating plans and delivery. You understand technical terminology and can support debugging, answering questions and extending documentation to prevent future confusion. You’re able to quickly synthesise your goals, come up with a cohesive plan to execute on projects or deliverables, and are not afraid to perform the tasks independently and together with others to ensure partner technical success.
- Creative problem solver: Your inclination is to combine dreaming big with a willingness to learn and adapt, in order to solve problems effectively. You can come up with creative ways to achieve your goals, that is both measurable and novel. You can deal with chaos and have the initiative to improve processes and provide clarity to areas that were previously unowned.
- Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communicator, with the ability to synthesise a complex situation into a concise plan. You are excited to work with our partners, exhibit strong professionalism in your external interactions, and actively seek out ways to collaborate closely with your team at Canva, and external teams of strategic partners.
- Leadership and ownership mentality: You act like an owner, and seek solutions to problems without being asked to do so, then work collaboratively with others to drive outcomes. You have proven ability to lead projects from inception to launch and beyond, via self-learning and with minimal oversight. Your colleagues have faith in you to get the job done.
- Self manager and analytical ability: Instead of jumping on the first opportunity that is presented, you’re able to craft a plan that identifies the top priority tasks and deliverables for Canva as a whole to achieve partnership success. You’re comfortable with data, and can quickly learn how to report on progress, status and metrics in relation to your goals.
This role is open to remote applicants within Australia that do not need visa sponsorship. We will require occasional travel to Sydney up to three times per quarter, once it is safe to do so.
The Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, and quiet places to retreat.
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on complex, large-scale, online products that delight our millions of individual and business users alike all over the world - then apply now to be considered for the position!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.