Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
At Canva, our mission is to empower the world to design, and we’re looking for a Senior Marketing Data Analyst who can help us make that happen.
Our product has grown enormously in the last few years. We now have 10s of millions of users generating enormous quantities of data every single day. To help us fuel our future growth, we need to better understand our data - this is where we need your help.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals who are curious about our product and our users, and who are excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with our Brand Marketing team and the broader business.
- Partner with brand marketing leadership in strategy, goal setting and metric development
- Measure the impact of paid marketing channels (for example digital display, television or billboards) through experiments and analysis - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Develop and utilise frameworks to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing activities - focusing on incrementally and return on investment. Ensure leadership understands and trusts those frameworks with documentation, analogs and examples
- Build and maintain reporting and dashboards for our brand marketing stakeholders, and make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build cool things
- Help other analysts to understand the bigger picture of our marketing activities and tie their work to a larger company level goals and a holistic narrative
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
- Coach a small team of junior to mid-level analysts
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- An understanding of media attribution, marketing mix modelling and incrementality of marketing campaigns is required
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
- Experience collaborating with senior management, translating data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- Experience with marketing platforms such as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Appsflyer, SA360, CM360, Tiktok ads, etc.
- Experience in a data scripting language (Python or R) and analysing marketing data using frameworks such as Causal Impact or GeoXExperience working with ad publisher sales teams and media agencies
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.