Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
We're looking for self-motivated individuals who are curious about our product and our users, and who are excited to seek out valuable insights. We don’t want you to just be a resource that answers questions - we want you to act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
You’ll be coming into a large and diverse team who really enjoy finding answers to the problems that our users have. We’re looking forward to continuing to grow our team and gaining a range of new perspectives and ideas on how we can achieve our goals and help more people.
Canva’s experimentation team empowers everyone working at Canva to test their hypotheses and ideas via experimentation to make better and faster decisions. We are a central team who need to understand the data and decision challenges being faced by everyone across Canva, and democratise solutions to them in a way that helps everyone to be more impactful. Today we do this primarily through owning and improving Canva’s experimentation platform, it’s applications, and usage, at scale across all of Canva.
- Work with cross-functional leaders to define a vision and strategy to make experimentation a powerful lever of growth for Canva, and execute with efficiency.
- Build and coach a team of data specialists including BI Analysts, Data Analysts/Scientists, and Analytics Engineers to deliver value through experimentation.
- Lead the definition of success, metrics to measure it, and seasonal goals and priorities.
- Manage project intake, pipeline, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives.
- Be an expert in causal inference, statistics, and research methods, helping to make sure the team is prioritising the right things and building them correctly.
- Although you are a technical guru, you also have people skills and know how to coordinate a team, align with stakeholders, and organise a data strategy in your particular area.
- Champion experimentation and data-driven decision making, working to educate and upskill people across Canva to self-serve and leverage experimentation properly.
- Find insights that help us understand how decisions are being made, how they’re affecting Canva’s customers, and drive initiatives to improve these at scale.
- Operate with drive and independence. Nobody will tells you what to do; identify the opportunities where your team can make the largest impact and see it through.
Required Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience leading data specialists, defining team strategy, and data roadmaps.
- Experience working with large-scale experimentation platforms.
- Expertise in causal inference (statistics, research methods, etc). PhD in a STEM area is preferred.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas. Stakeholder management and community education are vital in this role.
- Strong competency with SQL; experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R.
- Experience working with large, distributed datasets is preferred.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Free Yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall, unisex toilets
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.