Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we’re yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the group you’ll be joining
The Teams & Education supergroup is on a mission to inspire everyone to create and collaborate together. Canva’s subscription products including Pro, Teams, Education and Nonprofits are product led from within the Teams & Education supergroup, as well as all the core teams product experiences such as content management and collaboration. 2022 is the year of the Teams Dream at Canva, with a huge focus on winning teams after seeing huge success for teams growth in 2021. Canva already counts many active users from over 85% of Fortune 1000 companies amongst our 60 million + MAUs, and this is growing rapidly every day, so we have a huge opportunity in front of us.
Within the Teams & Education supergroup is the Manage Teams group. The Manage Teams group is on a mission to empower every team admin to easily setup and manage their team in Canva. This year, the Manage Teams group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. We want to make Canva the tool that every team big and small wants to use to collaborate and communicate in everyday - from the classroom to the workplace.
So far we’ve launched a range of teams and collaboration capabilities but this is just the beginning of our journey. As the Product Design Lead for the Manage Teams group, you will help us drive towards making Canva a household name in every team.
- We are searching for an experienced Product Design Lead to help us lead the design direction and UX strategy for how organisations and teams get setup and are managed in Canva. Your sphere of ownership covers:
- How team administrators setup their teams and organisation in Canva including team sign-up, creation and people management.
- How team administrators manage their teams in Canva including team controls and customisation.
- How team members transfer their content between across their teams in Canva.
- How team administrators setup design approvals, and how team members get their designs approved.
- …plus more!
- This role requires you to thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment, working with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales and everyone else in between. You have experience coaching and leading product designers and your communication skills empower you to inspire your teams to dream and achieve crazy big goals.
Goals you'll achieve in the first 6-12 months
- 0-6 month goals
- Meeting teams and building up relationships with different parts of the business.
- Understanding the Canva product, our Teams offerings and our 2022 strategy.
- Understand the different types of businesses on Canva today, how we acquire them, how they form, what they value, and why they stay.
- Understanding the different verticals Canva is targeting and their needs.
- Understand Canva’s business - how we build product, grow, our levers and metrics.
- Working with research to understand our users, and identify opportunities for team administrator product experience improvements based on user insights and business strategies
- Evolve our new winning every business strategy, identifying high impact initiatives and gaining stakeholder buy-in across Canva.
- Work with product leads across Canva to influence the roadmap of all Canva’s groups to meet the needs of all our business users.
- 6-12 month goals
- Delivering the product design for prioritised team administrator experiences.
- Contributing to delivering our new teams offering.
- Contributing to scaling the Manage Teams product design team.
What you’ll do
- Lead Product Design projects across one of Canva’s commercial groups.
- Contribute to scaling the product design design team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to make sure you’re prioritising the most important features/experiences.
- Work closely with the team developing Canva’s team administrator experiences – and ensure that they work well with future teams and collaboration features/experiences.
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, UX design inspiration, user and business insights
- Clearly communicate future design directions with key stakeholders including Group Leads, Design Leaders and Founders.
- Plan for future design resourcing needs with the Teams and Education Supergroup Lead and Head of Design.
- Help provide clarity to your design team through clear articulation of vision, strategy.
- Provide design feedback to team members with sensitivity and honesty, helping them to grow and develop their skills
- Ensure our designers always design to our high standards of simplicity and usability.
- Produce and integrate effective & efficient design practices.
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
Experience you'll have
- 5+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally with experience designing collaboration software for teams.
- Experience as a Product Design Lead, directing strategy and design across a team.
- Direct experience with collaborating and communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Kick started your coaching experience - you understand how to make an impact through empowering, growing and motivating other designers.
- A track-record of tackling complex problems and delivering simple, elegant solutions. You hold a high-bar for designing clean, elegant, and usable designs.
- Deep understanding of how to uncover user needs through research and user empathy.
- Extensive experience working with Engineers on feasibility, detailed design and finding solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working with Brand Designers, Graphic Designers and a strong empathy for graphic design and its impact on business results.
- A strong sense of design ethics - understanding that the design decisions we make at Canva impact millions of lives, everyday.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include: Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina
tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.