Our Purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago, and every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Performance, Passion, Leadership and Engagement.
About the role
As part of the Governance, Advisory and Analytics team in Group Operational Risk. This position is a senior specialist risk role that will assist with the delivery of the Group Operational Risk framework development and continuous improvements as part of the overall strategy. Key areas this role will focus on will be:
- The delivery of continuous improvement and developments in the Operational Risk Management Framework and associated supporting document suite (i.e., policies, standards, tools and templates)
- Actively driving enhancements to the Governance Risk and Compliance system and Tools to reflect the framework developments.
- Perform specific projects as required.
- Providing insights and advice in relation to operational risk and Operational Risk Management Framework execution while continuing to create efficiencies.
- Assist and support the overall running of business as usual functions (where required) including:
- centralised oversight activities
- support to the 2LoD reviews of 1LoD and oversight programme.
- facilitating and /or supporting the Bank’s operational risk monitoring, reporting and regulatory change requirements.
- Facilitating and / or supporting operational risk processes where a Bank-wide view is required.
Experience, skills and capabilities
- Ability to develop strategic, commercial solutions and “fit for purpose” solutions for implementation and advancement of the Operational Risk Management Framework across the Group.
- Exposure to operational risk and compliance in a banking environment or similar.
- Ability to effectively communicate and educate all levels of management and staff in non-financial risk.
- Ability to engage and influence in order to achieve agreed objectives.
- Sound risk and control knowledge.
- Sound negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritise to achieve business objectives.
- Proven project management and change management expertise.
- Attention to detail and solution focussed.
- Tertiary qualifications in risk, business, or related discipline is preferable.
- Experience in a similar operational and compliance, governance line 2 risk role.
Senior Manager Risk Frameworks Position Description.docx
What we Offer
At Bendigo and Adelaide bank we believe in the benefits of diversity in our staff and work to foster a respectful and inclusive workplace. It’s central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who’ll bring diversity of thought to our business.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.