We are MYOB
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
We are passionate at MYOB about solving the problems that matter for our customers. This opportunity exists within a dedicated platform team that is focussed on delivering DevOps and Cloud Engineering solutions to the Technology teams in MYOB. We have objectives to 'deliver smarter, deliver faster' and 'solve challenging problems once'. Our initiatives encompass building out capability in the MYOB digital platform that adds customer value.
“If I were given one hour to save the planet, I would spend 59 minutes defining the problem and one minute resolving it,” Albert Einstein said.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who is curious and driven to work across a domain of diverse teams to elicit and understand the core business problems our internal technology teams are facing, and to develop and implement solutions to these problems.
What you will bring
You are a self-motivated, resourceful and naturally curious individual who uses a creative mind-set to solve problems. You enjoy gaining and sharing information with the team and are able to adapt as needed.
- Experience with agile practices
- Strong business analyst skills to elicit business requirements, ‘as is' and ‘to be' states, user stories, functional specifications and training guides.
- Excellent communicator who nurtures a collaborative environment
- Comfortable to work in an environment where the problems can be technically complex and pick up domain knowledge quickly
- Outstanding at presenting information through visual tools and techniques
- Strong organisation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of architectural and technical diagrams
- Ability to go beyond taking a requirement to understanding the true problem that needs to be solved
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements
What makes this role exciting
- Be part of a fast paced environment in a hardworking, collaborative domain that has customer at the centre of everything
- Work on state-of-the-art technologies and use the best engineering practices (Microservices, DevOps, Continuous Delivery)
- Join a domain who support each other, embrace a learning environment, encourage questions and seek growth collaboratively.
- Train and learn as part of your working week - attend conferences, in-house training, and sponsored access to online training - you have the flexibility to decide.
- MYOB has a phenomenal, flexible working culture - you can work from home 3-4 days a week, with adjust start/finish times around your other commitments and optionally request further flexibility such as part-time or compressed work weeks.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mindhelps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity. We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. We’d love to hear from you on regarding this role, or if it’s not the right time, join our talent community so that we can reach out regarding future roles.