We are MYOB
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
The Senior Business Analyst will work alongside the Systems Analyst and will be responsible for identifying areas for improvement in our processes and systems to ensure the Consulting Services team operates at a high level of efficiency. The Senior Business Analyst will identify potential issues and work collaboratively within our team and cross-functionally to develop optimization strategies.
The role will evolve with changing business needs, however, the initial focus will include:
- Analyse existing systems, operational procedures, and work practices to identify inefficiencies and recommend better practices.
- Document and map sophisticated processes and work flows.
- Prepare reports on efficiencies and inefficiencies and communicate such information to relevant team members.
- Work with the business to assess and plan for future needs and system requirements.
- Prioritising initiatives based on business needs and capacity.
- Perform requirements analysis and capturing critical information from meetings.
- Develop test cases for new business processes and system improvements.
- Research new technological improvements for optimising the delivery of consulting services.
- Conducting meetings to present ideas and findings and optimally communicating insights to cross-functional team members and leaders.
- Understanding the operational needs and business goals of the company.
- Presenting data and recommendations to senior management teams.
What you will bring:
- You are a driven, self-motivated, resourceful, naturally curious individual who uses a creative mindset to tackle problems and help achieve excellence consistently. You have outstanding skills in crafting business processes. You enjoy gaining and sharing information and are comfortable with change.
- Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in this or equivalent role
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret operational requirements.
- Highly honed analytical problem-solving skills with strong commercial acumen
- An understanding of Business Intelligence and reporting tools
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including experience in presenting to management teams
- Ability to prioritize rapidly shifting priorities effectively
- Proven ability to resolve problems and negotiate outcomes
- Experience in process mapping of complex processes and data flows.
- Review, recommend and lead change for procedure and process improvement.
- Use initiative to identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other related tertiary degrees in business analytics.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mindhelps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity. We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. We’d love to hear from you on regarding this role, or if it’s not the right time, join our talent community so that we can reach out regarding future roles.