A BIT ABOUT US
At Class, we transform the way businesses do work. As an ASX-listed Australian technology company, we champion automation, simplicity and connectivity for the wealth accounting industry through innovative cloud solutions. Since 2009, Class pioneered the SMSF administration’s move to the cloud with Class Super. Today, we’re the trusted technology partner to Australia’s leading accounting, auditing and financial advisory firms.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as Australia's #1 SMSF Software Provider & Administration Platform in 2021). Our people are Class's biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Class mates” and be a people-first culture.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to take a lead role in driving the adoption of DevOps practices and processes within Class. This role sits within our Platform area and you will work across both our Class and NowInfinity projects.
We are looking for a like -minded pro-active Engineer eager to work within high performing team and make a real difference!
- Assist engineers with driving improvements CI/CD tools, Configuration management, AWS networking infrastructure, Security, Logging and monitoring, System performance and Cost engineering
- Identify opportunities to simplify or automate systems and processes
- Assist/guide other teams in adopting DevOps based tools and processes
- Identify and document non-functional system requirements (budget, performance, etc)
- Collaborate with QA staff to ensure quality, performance and security standards are met. Automate testing efforts where possible.
- Communicate progress, issues and risks to team members
- Research and share new developments in DevOps and AWS features and services
- Be passionate, energetic and engaged in technical, business and “soft” aspects of the role
What are we looking for?
- Good understanding of software development best practices such as Continuous Integration and Configuration Management
- Strong knowledge of core Agile and DevOps principles and practices, especially Scrum and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with AWS, especially Cloud Formation (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3 and Route 53)
- Experience with Python or a similar language
- Experience using GIT or a comparable DVCS
As a bonus, you will have the following however these are not essential:
- Familiarity using Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, BitBucket
- Experience with log aggregation and monitoring platforms, such as Sumo Logic and Data Doc
- Database administration experience, especially PostgreSQL
- Shell scripting and server administration experience for both Windows and Linux
- Familiarity with containerisation, especially Docker
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS, TLS and Apache HTTP Server (httpd)
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, highly innovative environment.
- World-class cross-team communication skills.
- Ability to take accountability & ownership on delivery of work.
- Be willing and committed to flex approaches as challenges arise.
THE CLASS STORY
Class is heavily focused on technology innovation, attracting the best talent and delivering on our Reimagination strategy. We are in an exciting growth phase, and this opportunity will truly make an impact as we evolve into a world class organisation!
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks, meditation and mental health webinars
- A consultation on your finances with a trusted partner, and a discounted financial advisory service
- Enjoy choice and flex on how/when you work
- Access to free counselling via our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted health insurance and gym membership
- Take more holidays via purchased leave
- Give back with our charity partner, Solar Buddy
- Grow and learn through our Innovation Labs, external speaker series, and internal MasterCLASS events!
Follow us on socials:
At Class we pride ourselves being an inclusive employer of choice where are people can bring their whole selves to work and feel 100% safe and supported to do so.
If don't feel you fit this role 100%, we would still love to hear from you! Tell us what you're interested in - you still might have a skill we didn't realize we needed!
"We Are Reimagineers. Transforming Technology. Delivering with Heart."
*As part of our process, a police check will be conducted on all successful candidates*
“We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”