A BIT ABOUT US
At Class, we transform the way businesses do work. As an ASX-listed Australian technology company, we champion automation, simplicity and connectivity for the wealth accounting industry through innovative cloud solutions. Since 2009, Class pioneered the SMSF administration’s move to the cloud with Class Super. Today, we’re the trusted technology partner to Australia’s leading accounting, auditing and financial advisory firms.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as Australia's #1 SMSF Software Provider & Administration Platform in 2021). Our people are Class's biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Class mates” and be a people-first culture.
The Legal Software Consultant will work closely with our Support Service & Consulting Teams providing general legal advice, legal research, and development of our online legal knowledge centre and training.
This role will act as an escalation point for customer legal review and advice in relation to custom legal services, providing backup to the Technical Compliance Team in maintaining our relationship with our external legal provider. In addition, assisting the Technical Compliance Team in ensuring our document templates and platform are compliant with the current legislation requirements.
This role is permanent full-time and will work from home 3 days per week, spending the remainder of the week in the office. Role is based in our Sydney CBD office or Gold Coast located in our Bundall office.
What you'll do:
- Provide general legal guidance to our Support Service Team in relation to legal and technical issues raised by customers in relation to our legal document service offerings on our platform
- Assistance to our Support Service & Consulting Teams in relation to drafting and reviewing of responses to customers in relation to disclaimer or legal liability issues and management of any rectification/remediation necessary
- Assisting the Technical Compliance Team to triage client legal review requests to our external legal provider and attending to any research required for general legal advice queries
- Liaising with our Knowledge Base Specialists to research, create and review legal knowledge-based articles for our online knowledge centre
- Providing internal training sessions to our Support Service & Consulting Teams to improve their knowledge area to better respond to customer queries
What you'll need:
- Suitable for a law graduate with relevant Bachelor of Law/Commerce degree or someone who has worked in a legal environment
- Previous experience as a legal assistant or paralegal would be very highly regarded
- Knowledge of Australian Trust and Superannuation legislation in relation to the establishment of legal entities would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong legal research, technical and drafting skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to perform tasks with a high level of accuracy
THE CLASS STORY
Class is heavily focused on technology innovation, attracting the best talent and delivering on our Reimagination strategy. We are in an exciting growth phase, and this opportunity will truly make an impact as we evolve into a world class organisation!
- Wellbeing initiatives such as health checks, meditation and mental health webinars
- A consultation on your finances with a trusted partner, and a discounted financial advisory service
- Enjoy choice and flex on how/when you work
- Access to free counselling via our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted health insurance and gym membership
- Take more holidays via purchased leave
- Give back with our charity partner, Solar Buddy
- Grow and learn through our Innovation Labs, external speaker series, and internal MasterCLASS events!
Follow us on socials:
At Class we pride ourselves being an inclusive employer of choice where are people can bring their whole selves to work and feel 100% safe and supported to do so.
If don't feel you fit this role 100%, we would still love to hear from you! Tell us what you're interested in - you still might have a skill we didn't realize we needed!
"We Are Reimagineers. Transforming Technology. Delivering with Heart."
*As part of our process, a police check will be conducted on all successful candidates*
“We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”