Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The role and team
Are you a passionate Product or Project Manager who loves to think big and scale growth? Have you worked in SEO previously? If so, this is the perfect role for you!
Canva’s product is world class, and we’re looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to join the SEO Group to help scale our next phase of growth.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Canva’s global organic strategy from ideation, through to execution. You’ll be working in a cross-functional team, rallying towards ambitious growth goals. You’ll thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment, and you’re confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a knack for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do
- Drive experimentation with the goal of increasing organic traffic, new users and business growth
- Manage the rollout and resourcing of successful experimentsBuild a culture of experimentation and learning within the team
- Report on experiment outcomes and learnings and share with the group and key business stakeholders
- Work closely with engineers, designers, SEO specialists, and data analysts to drive the roadmap, from ideation, prioritisation, planning, execution through to analysis and reporting
- Build tooling to optimize workflows and processes with a focus on automation, efficiency and driving business growth
- Work with the Engineering Lead, SEOs + data to set goals, measures of success, requirements and roadmap to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize SEO and experimentation so everyone is across best practices across the business
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitors, best practices and identify new growth opportunities, as well as risks
- Assess and prioritise growth opportunities and create a plan to execute on ideasOther ad hoc tasks as needed
What we're looking for
- A candidate that has worked in SEO in-house or in an agency for at least two years and has a track record of driving SEO growth
- Has managed projects end-to-end, from ideation through to launching the project
- Experience working on large-scale sites (hundreds and thousands of pages)Prior experience working alongside or within engineering teams
- Experience running and analysing experiments
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- You have proven experience driving strategy via SEO data analysis
- Experience analysing large data sets in relation to SEO
- A natural leader with strong experience communicating, influencing and rallying a team of contributors from various specialities, from design, product and engineering, toward common growth goals
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), so while our offices are always open to you, we aim to come together for 8 days a year at minimum - balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.