Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
The Strategy & Analysis team is the guardian of the long-term performance of the Canva Group. With numerous hires already this year for this impactful team, we are now looking for another new team member to help achieve our crazy big goals!
We’re looking for someone who thrives as both a Doer and a Coach and is keen to get involved in all aspects of the team!
This Manager will play a pivotal role in the development of our people and will be a key contributor to the work we do supporting Canva’s mission and strategy. Responsible for the continued development of your coachees as well as contributing to answering big strategic questions and working collaboratively to bring diversity of thought and research into output prepared by the team. You will be encouraged to think critically and apply objective viewpoints to your own work and the work of others as we support Canva’s continued growth.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users
- Be a forward-thinker, helping identify and prioritise new product and growth opportunities to ready the business for 2, 3, or 5 years ahead
- Learn from, coach and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, and product professionals
- Develop and grow in an evolving role, have autonomy to make decisions that impact the development and direction of our organisation
- Own and coach Strategy Analysts on strategic projects sourced from the founders, CFO and across the business, driving key insights and recommendations
- We’ll rely on you to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to advise strategic discussions and guide decision-making.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience in management consulting or a strategy team at a high growth startup / tech company
- Experience managing and enthusiasm for being a supportive mentor and empowering teams
- Strong commercial judgment with a flair and creative intuition for problem solving
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data, building models, and formulating strategic frameworks
- Outstanding communication skills and a strong desire to understand perspectives from all stakeholders
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field such as commerce, finance, accounting, management or economics would be an advantage
- We’re a fast paced business, so change is frequent. You’re highly organised, comfortable working in a hands-on environment and have excellent communication & prioritisation skills.
- If you have a keen eye for detail, a proven desire to keep learning and enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver, then this could be the role for you!
Being a Force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), so while our offices are always open to you, we aim to come together for 8 days a year at minimum - balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.