Our SaaS and IoT products need a product leader to ensure their commercial success and elongated lifespan. Are you able to work with our co-founder to establish a long-term SaaS product vision? Can you balance this against the commercial needs of customers to prioritise new product development? If so, we need you!
You'll lead a team of Product Managers who don't just manage products; they advocate for our customers, question and identify their problems, and conceptualise new ways to solve them. They validate ideas and involve the entire business in their development and know-how to distribute them to the right people.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 110 million users across 70,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're product-driven and fuelled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
Some of the things you'll do...
- You'll work with our co-founder and Global Head of Product to drive the conception of a vision for our SaaS and IoT product suite.
- You'll weigh up the immediate needs of our customers and partners against this vision to build and iterate a product roadmap.
- You'll lead a team of product managers through new product and feature prioritisation, whilst ensuring our product management practices are up-to-date.
- You'll participate in our learning culture, sharing your knowledge of product management and other skills amongst the organisation.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- You have brought together, and received support for, a scalable long-term vision of our SaaS product suite.
- You know our unique channel ecosystem inside out, and understand how new features will affect our product vision in the long term.
- You have defined a process for iteratively developing a product roadmap that ties together commercial success and longevity of our products.
- Your team of product managers consistently understand what they're working on and why they're working on it.
Balance beyond COVID-19...
- We're fortunate enough to have recently re-opened our office in Melbourne and our PaperCutters are working flexibly, spending some time in the office and some at home as we look to transition to a hybrid model longer-term.
- Our Camberwell office location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car.
- When in the office, you can enjoy unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and drink it in alongside an outstanding view of the city from our outdoor deck.
- To ensure that everyone (remote or in the office) feels equally included, we're proud to offer both in-office and virtual wellness and social activities such as weekly yoga, Friday brekkie, nibbles and drinks, soccer and more.
- We're also open to part-time, remote work, or any other arrangements you might appreciate, so please don't hesitate to highlight this during your application.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of yourself while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).