Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Finance Team
Our vision is for Canva to be recognized and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class finance team.
The mission statement of the finance team at Canva China is to fuel the growth of the business through continuous financial support. The primary role of China Finance is to take responsibility for working with the wider business and providing key insights quickly and accurately for the China team leads to make business decisions, and monitoring the finance operations and internal control procedures to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, and compliance.
About the Role
The primary role of the Finance Operations Associate will be to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of routine tasks. This will be achieved through timely reviewing bills/reimbursement reports, setting up payment, managing bank accounts, coordinating Fapiao issuing, assisting with AR management, and providing solutions to any finance operation-related questions raised by different shareholders.
What you will do:
- Review balance sheet and P/L accounts under PRC GAAP, IFRS, and US GAAP on a timely and accurate basis.
- Raise accounting issues and coordinate with local and global teams to drive consistency.
- Support statutory audit, tax audit, and other regulatory obligations. Ensure compliance with local tax filing and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for setting up finance operation procedures in line with the business model(s), driving continuous improvement, and implementing scalable processes (e.g., launch SaaS, system integration, etc.)
- Evaluate, develop, and improve the internal control mechanism to ensure that China entities meet IPO readiness standards.
- 2 years+ relevant experience; BA degree in accounting, finance, economy, or business administration.
- CPA/ACCA & Big 4 experience would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, manage workloads & meet tight deadlines with high quality.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, excellent skills in Excel.
- Fluency in English, can use English flexibly and effectively for working purposes and can write in well-structured patterns with professional competence.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive salary, plus equity options where you will enjoy the rapid growth of Canva and have impact every day.
• Flexible working hours that cater to how you best work. We value work-life balance and you decided what works best for you.
• Healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch, fruit, drinks and snacks options. You can enjoy the TGIF special drinks and live cooking.
• Unique and flexible leave that goes beyond just standard annual leave including flexible leave, carer’s leave, Force for Good leave, education leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own development.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a fitness center membership to personal development training, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including; Canva University, Fitness Classes (Yoga & Meditation) Employee Assistant Programs, social clubs and team events that are sponsored by the company.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / 我们会根据你的经验、技能和对于职位的热情来做出雇佣决定。当你进行申请时，请告诉我们你希望我们对你使用的称谓，以及在面试过程中你可能需要的任何合理调整。