Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
The road to creating stunningly beautiful content begins with a single template, but the journey is made faster with the help of perfect and easily customizable designs that empower users to create the content they need.
Canva’s templates team aims to build the world’s best design marketplace with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of usable and dynamic content, and to do that, we need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing content, but also help pave the way for the future of our template library.
About the Project
Canva is on a mission to democratise design through the localisation of our products -- and one of the ways we’re doing that is by making sure we have a library full of high-quality, market-bespoke contents for all of our key markets. It’s not enough just to have content that is translated from English, we want to be sure that all users have access to content that reflects the design aesthetics and trends in their market.
Working closely with copywriters, illustrators, market growth specialists and localisation specialists, you’ll be overseeing the end-to-end production rollout of the content library for this specific market.
Our template library needs a range of fresh, varied, and beautiful designs - so we’re after self-motivated designers who would love to have room for creative freedom in answering briefs.
We’re interested in engaging a Creative Lead based in France on a 3-6 month project where you’ll be creating a multitude of Canva assets including logos, posters, videos, presentations, Instagram stories, social media content (video and static), book covers, banners (video and static) and editorial content.
- Direct design on key template projects across the locale-specific projects
- Work closely with a vibrant and friendly creative studio, directing design, photography and illustration. This is an opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, with freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day.
- Build our internal team to meet partner needs whilst inspiring and developing our talented freelancers to create high-quality print designs.
- Work with the Studio Manager and manage your team in order to execute jobs successfully on deadline and to brief
- Brief a design team to create beautiful and usable animated and static templates
- Brief and manage the asset creation process with our internal and external sources of imagery, music tracks, video footage, stickers, and animations – so that we have the best assets to work with
- Provide design feedback to team members with sensitivity and honesty, helping them to grow and develop their skills
- Own curation and quality assurance for templates
- Work closely with the team developing Canva’s product – and ensure that our templates evolve with and inform our features
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best-practises, visual/interaction design inspiration, user and business insights
- Ensure our designers create with usability requirements in mind
- Produce and integrate effective & efficient design practices
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
Experience you will need:
- 5+ years experience as an Senior Designer or Art Director creating a diverse range of print and digital designs
- Experience in and a love for design trends and styles that are specific to France
- Experience leading a small team of designers, and providing professional support and development for junior and senior designers
- A love for print and editorial design, with experience in print production processes, and the ability to prepare files for print flawlessly
- A passion for writing simple and clear briefs, with demonstrated experience in commissioning photographers and other creatives
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes
To apply, please submit
- Your resume
- A PDF or link to your portfolio
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance and gives you the option to choose how you best work
• Equity options to be truly a part of the Canva journey Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
• Our very own Canva University, internal coaching and Employee Assistance Programs to help you be your best self
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office and social connection. You know better than anyone how to Vibe & Thrive!
• Virtual and in-office clubs, events and celebrations for you to connect with your teammates
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
• Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritises inclusivity recognises the diverse representations of modern families
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.