Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
The User Growth group is one of three groups which make up the Product Growth Supergroup - one of the biggest areas at Canva. Playing a meaningful role in Canva’s mission to empower the world to design, this group does everything from building exciting new products and features to running tonnes of experiments and conducting research and analysis to grow Canva in new markets and categories.
The Authentication team within the group has a mission to empower everyone to sign up and log in to Canva, from anywhere and from any device, flawlessly. Maintaining our core signup and login flows, the team ensures these flows can scale, adds new signup/login methods and feature improvements while also experimenting and optimising these flows to ensure a magnificent experience for users.
What you'll do
- You will be instrumental in driving design, development, and deployment of software solutions
- You will immediately be responsible for a team of 3/4 Canvanauts with a view to growing the scope of responsibility across multiple teams.
- Your vision and expertise will influence technical strategy and provide encouraging mentor to your team in an empowering innovation-focused environment
- You will optimally empower the team to deliver large-scale projects from conceptualisation to completion within start-up time frames to develop new features and products.
- Your encouragement guides your team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a sophisticated distributed and critical environment
- You will understand the need to experiment, measure and deploy or move on quickly
- You have discovered that you have a rare talent for motivating people - having previously led small hard-working teams of 3-8 members.
- You'll understand the need to be Product focussed - understand the product life cycle, features, technical debt, QA, supporting quality at speed.
- You'll know when you need to push back, shielding the team from disruptions. Providing a safe environment, helping to bring clarity.
- You’ve had experience in the rapid nature of UX experiments and personalisation of features.
- You’re able to balance quality, reliability and tech debt against feature requests and experimentation.
- You will be more than happy to work in our environment - our core stack is Microservices Java backend, with a React/Typescript frontend.
- You will have optimally delivered projects in a large-scale cloud-based environments
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year.
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.