Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Two years ago Canva announced the acquisition of one of the world’s biggest free stock content sites - Pixabay. Pixabay contains more than 2 million free images, videos and audio provided by our talented and generous global community. We have over 20 million visitors to our website daily and we continue to grow from strength to strength.
As an SEO manager, you’ll contribute to Pixabay’s growth strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll think like an owner and work closely with a cross functional team in rallying towards ambitious SEO goals, whilst thriving in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be confident in making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience and have a knack for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Build organic search roadmaps for Pixabay in collaboration with product and engineering team.
- Lead scalable initiatives that reduce manual content efforts over time - without compromising quality.
- Improve Pixabay website architecture and IA.
- Help QA releases that might have any impact on SEO.
- Closely monitor and provide feedback for any experiments on pages.
- Conduct research (such as competitor, gap analysis, keyword and other) to optimise or find new opportunities for SEO growth.
- Maintain clear documentation of all SEO efforts for wider company knowledge sharing.
- Partner with product, engineering and data to arrive at effective methods of tracking SEO growth metrics.
- Be a driving force in the creation and prioritisation of the SEO roadmap, as well as seeking alignment and buy-in with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with PMs, engineers and designers to drive SEO projects from planning to execution followed by post-implementation analysis and reporting.
- Set clear SEO goals, KPIs and requirements to define and measure what success looks like.
- Measure and report on key metrics relevant to project and company goals.
- Educate and evangelize SEO so the team is aligned on a common vision of organic acquisition across the business.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and algorithms to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities.
- Scale and improve SEO workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency.
Who you'll be:
- Demonstrated in-house or agency experience with a proven track record of growing SEO.
- A deep understanding of search across international markets, social networks and SAAS products driven by SEO.
- A well-rounded SEO, comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making.
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits as well as SEO/CRO experimentation.
- A natural leader and communicator in making complex SEO concepts simple.
- You are comfortable with documentation to define and refine SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements.
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Botify.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for full-time Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year.
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.