Our 60+ strong group of engineers is looking for a Head of Engineering to invest in their growth and have the final say in technical decisions across all Product Development. Are you a leader of leaders that cares deeply about the customer? Do you want to be part of a founder-led software product company? If so, we need you!
At PaperCut, engineers are called "Product Engineers" because we influence so much more than software; we advocate for our customers and contribute ideas that evolve our product roadmap. We join and lead agile, multifunctional teams that are formed at the conception of ideas and create solutions end-to-end.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 125+ million users across 80,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're engineering-driven and fuelled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
Some of the things you'll do...
- You'll make sure we're working in the smartest way possible by helping engineering teams work cross-functionally, make intelligent trade-off decisions, and collaboratively mature work practices.
- You'll build relationships and collaborate with all of PaperCut and our sales channel partners to ensure that products reach expectations with high quality.
- You'll review how our products are performing against market expectations to ensure we're getting both the commercial and product performance that we expect.
- You'll develop our existing PaperCutters' capabilities, as well as identify and attract new talent to the company.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- You are working with our Global Head of Product Development and other leaders to contribute to strategic product decisions and driving their execution.
- You understand how we are building and releasing our products, have identified gaps and have projects in flight that are working towards improving in these areas.
- You understand the complexity of selling our products through channel partners and have built relationships with key individuals and businesses.
- You are making well-validated recommendations around the evolvement of our technical stack (from deep OS integration, IoT and firmware-level code, to rich web front-end, microservice, and public cloud)
What else you can expect from us...
- We're a people-first type of place and we're led by our values in everything we do - Caring, Honest, Intelligent and Nimble (CHIN).
- We've transitioned to a hybrid model and when we can, we will reopen our Melbourne (Camberwell) office so that's it's available to those who'd like to use it.
- When in the office, you can enjoy free parking, unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and drink it in alongside an outstanding view of the city from our outdoor deck.
- Our share the success bonus scheme is a wonderful way to celebrate our success each year. We also offer generous leave options, an individual training budget and a super flexible environment.
- We're also open to alternative working arrangements you might appreciate, so please don't hesitate to highlight this during your application.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of yourself while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).