Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 80 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourage our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals.
Join us and design your future.
We are looking for a Brand Designer who can conceptualise and deliver an exception and consistent brand experience across many media touchpoints. An understanding that various design applications and media such as print, digital, motion, and product design is key to this, to ensure sure that your vision is fully realised.
You will be part of the Canva Creative Brand Studio Squad and work in conjunction with Digital Designers, Illustrators and Motion Designers to bring ideas to life through multiple channels and surfaces. You will work closely with cross functional teams at Canva (Marketing, Channel, Product, Partnerships) to understand our products and ensure our brand is consistent across all consumer touch points.
About the team: Canva Creative Team
Our team Mission is “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. The Canva Creative team delivers brand assets, communications and advertising campaigns that are consistently, magically and unmistakingly Canva. We believe that everyone, everywhere, deserves the opportunity to create amazing designs – whatever their financial position or experience level.
That's why we're building the world's most inclusive design platform. Because we believe in...
Design for everyone.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world class talent with a focus on diversity, community and career development. In the next 6-12 months, we will be scaling our media spend and creative production to become a household name in America, and the world.
How We Work
Our internal clients include the Product Marketing, Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing teams as well as internal business teams such as our Recruitment & Vibe teams. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding. We scale through our external agency and production partners and collaborate with cross functional creative teams such as Product and Sales.
- Design creative solutions for Canva’s new product launches, landing pages and a wide range of other digital communication assets.
- Develop design guidelines and toolkits for high priority brand campaigns
- Create and manipulate a diverse range of content (digital and motion) that brings Canva to life in exciting creative executions
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers, art director, animators, videographers and marketers to bring our brand campaigns to life in unique and unforgettable ways
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions.
- A master designer, able to visualise the brand and its products to myriad demographics and personas clearly. Creating a sense of connection in their work between Canva and the audience
- You are the perfect balance between ideation at a conceptual level and execution, in bringing your ideas to life
- You’re interested in learning about digital strategies and web-based methodologies, because your work will help define the future of Canva’s brand
- Well-versed in static and motion design and animation and an understanding of how to connect with audiences through a variety of different platforms
- Minimum of 5 years in a forward-thinking brand design role.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates: Strong brand design principles and craft, A modern style & aesthetic, Creative thinking & Attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision and Canva
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.