We are MYOB
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
About this role
We are looking for an expert Senior Product or Digital UX/UI Designer to work within our Enterprise team, who look across our entire customer journey and are dedicated to building out a fantastic experience for our Enterprise products. This role will be crafting a particular segment within our enterprise portfolio, looking after everything from the UI, to business workflows.
Our Senior Product Designers work in a cross-functional team along side Product Managers, Go To Market and Delivery Managers. Our job as design is to research with customers and bring their insights into the product, drive its direction, and to design what we're building. You'll become an expert in the customer needs, the segment and make sure we're creating solutions that empower them achieve their business needs.
What’s great about MYOB
- We’re a product and platform company. We design and build experiences that create value for businesses of all sizes.
- We’re a tech company. We work collaboratively in cross-functional teams organised around customer value.
- We work alongside more than 1500 driven humans across three key offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland.
- We have flexible ways of working, enabling us to work from the office or at home depending on your needs.
Our vision, mission and values
At MYOB, our mission is to help businesses across Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. We hope to do this providing software and services that make doing business easier, so our customers can focus on the things that matter.
We value the customers that drive our world, innovation and purposeful curiosity, collaboration and inspired decisions, simplification, passion, and impact.
What’s great about being a designer here
- Our team is made up of around 40 passionate designers across three (potentially four!) cities.
- We love learning and sharing – we have weekly critiques and regular brown-bag sessions.
- We’re supported by specialist visual designers, design researchers, and service designers.
- We don’t throw our designs over the wall. We know that everyone here helps make the user experience, but the design team is trusted to make the call.
- We have a well supported design system.
- We have the right level of autonomy and ownership in what we design, and how we work with their teams to deliver it
- We love our customers, obsessed with making things that matter for the people who use our products
- We’re a part of a larger design, agency, and brand community at MYOB that empowers us to think about experiences as a whole.
What we look for in Senior designers
Our designers cover a lot of ground. They:
- naturally engage and lead partners
- the ability to become a guide in their segment and product
- able to deeply understand businesses and their workflows
- want to understand our customers and are happy to use different research techniques to do it
- get their team involved to make sense of the findings
- design in various levels of fidelity
- seek critique and feedback to help improve themselves and their designs
- collaborate and communicate with other team members in product management and engineering
- test ideas, concepts, and designs early and often
- consider our customers full journey from start to finish
- Research and discovery techniques
- Product or Digital UX design
- Interaction design
- Information architecture
- Design validation/usability testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work with appropriate design tools
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within (and across) cross-functional teams
- Embedded great flexible working environment, Flexperience! We want you to do your best work in a way that suits you and your life and we’ll support you from flexibility to your WFH set up
- Collaborative culture that has customer at the centre of everything
- Supportive parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers
- Access to wellness and mindfulness programs
- MYOB Volunteer Leave Program, giving you the opportunity to give back to your community
- Drive your own learning, attend conferences of your choice, do in-house training, and learn from the leaders around you, ensuring you progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment.
MYOB is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you need to work at MYOB, a place where Your Work Matters. MYOB is proud to be a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.