Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 80 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourage our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Canva is built for any team or organization that has a need to visually communicate at scale. We have seen success across different types of companies, including those in the Fortune 500, franchises, and startups. Teams within organizations that enjoy Canva for Enterprise come from diverse departments such as Marketing, Sales, and HR.
The core focus of our team is to prove the power of Canva within recognisable Global Brands and Enterprise customers. Business owners are looking to move away from outdated systems and time-consuming design processes, and we strive to serve by empowering them with the ability to build better products and stories.
About the role
The Head of APJ Sales & Success will ensure that we have the people and practices in place to share Canva Enterprise with businesses around the world and realize the power Canva enables for groups at scale. He or she will help Canva leadership develop and grow the company’s strategy and execution of Enterprise goals, implement methodologies for building a world-class sales and customer success organization, and drive operational excellence for the day-to-day management of the business.
What you'll do
- Build a world-class sales and success team within a scaling, product-led growth company
- Revenue growth: rapidly grow Canva Enterprise in the APJ region to help hit Canva's overall Enterprise revenue aspirations
- Customer enthusiasm: extend Canva’s tradition of high customer happiness across teams and continue to prioritize user feedback and excitement as the Enterprise business accelerates
- Best-in-class processes, practices, and efficiency: build, educate and refine the team practices, sales playbooks, and key performance indicators needed for operating as a top SaaS business (including but not limited to): pipeline development, conversion rates, forecasting, hiring, performance management, enablement, training, partnerships, and cross-functional collaboration
- Operations and infrastructure: lead and manage the Sydney and Manila go-to-market teams, test and help prioritize systems roadmap (i.e., CRM, marketing automation, quoting, etc.), and set-up feedback loop of product needs to support Enterprise sales (i.e., audit logs, simultaneous collaboration, etc.)
- Growing a happy team: attract, empower, and develop the talent we need to accomplish the above
What we're looking for
- Leadership: 8+ years management experience. Proven success scaling out large sales teams with a track record of over-achieving targets within a market-leading SaaS business. Ability to attract, motivate, and manage A+ talent to deliver strong results. Work with executive stakeholders as a peer and help shape the focus of business outcomes
- Creativity and imagination: We are in building-mode and the role will require an innovative leader to build processes, sales narratives and sales motions that are unique to Canva
- Business insight / judgment: ability to prioritize focus of effort and inquiry with an eye to business impact / outcomes
- Communication skills: ability to communicate complex concepts and insights concisely and with actionable so-what
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Independent / self-starter
- Accessible, approachable, and collaborative
- Fast-paced / bias towards immediate actions and results
- Humility / willingness to question one’s own assumptions / desire to constantly improve
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.