We are MYOB
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
You will join the security team, which is a small, tight and highly collaborative team that collaborates with our business verticals. A team who are passionate about uplifting security by incrementally improving the tools available, proposing and rolling out roadmap items, and ensuring the security of Customers' data is always front of mind.
As a principal security engineer you will play a key role mentoring, designing and advising on security best practises and emerging technologies. Within Security, you will lead a business vertical's security governance and compliance, application security, tool automation, help educate teams (both internally and with partners) and "shift-left" security concerns.
If you are excited by the idea of belonging to a team dedicated to championing improvement and want to join us on our journey to help businesses succeed, we would love to hear from you!
You will be part of a collaborative multi-functional agile team, working with domain teams to lift their capabilities. MYOB has mature and greenfield domains, so you'll have the chance to shape them and bring security concepts into the application landscape.
You will own the security design, help identify emerging technologies, improve areas like automation, lift security awareness, and coach and drive security capabilities across all domains.
You'll also work closely with the Cyber Security team, to help define tools and processes that will be used across the organisation.
Our mission is to ensure that our Developers craft software that they can deploy and take ownership of. We run a "you build it, you run it" DevOps approach across the business.
Who you are
To be considered, you have to be proficient in the following areas:
- You design security solutions that fit the needs of the domains, and you can understand and influence the developers to increase greater security adoptions
- Talking to different audiences doesn't phase you; you understand where they're coming from and can close the knowledge gap to lift their understanding
- You understand the importance of conducting solution design reviews, compliance reviews, ad-hoc source code reviews, and security maturity assessments
- Solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25
- You have experience introducing security concepts, such as canary deployments or launch flags
- You can help advise your peers with security queries, and can identify common trends that will benefit everyone
- You are comfortable reading or writing code, if the need arises
- You are on the lookout for new patterns that will help MYOB lift the security of the code and data, through automation, reuse, frameworks and better tooling.
- You're intimate with data classification standards, and will apply them across the domains
- Lastly, you want to work in a positive environment, grow yourself and work in a team. You want to Love Your Work!
- Embedded great flexible working environment, Flexperience! We want you to do your best work in a way that suits you and your life and we’ll support you from flexibility to your WFH set up
- Collaborative culture that has customer at the centre of everything
- Supportive parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers
- Access to wellness and mindfulness programs
- MYOB Volunteer Leave Program, giving you the opportunity to give back to your community
- Drive your own learning, attend conferences of your choice, do in-house training, and learn from the leaders around you, ensuring you progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you need to work at MYOB, a place where Your Work Matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.