We are MYOB
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
As an Engineering Manager you'll play a critical role as a technology leader across multiple delivery teams in MYOB’s Operations and Architecture domain.
We are looking for a deep technical leader who can lead teams focused on Developer Experience and DevOps, Observability and Cloud Platforms, while providing leadership, coaching and support to balance technology, delivery, and product outcomes in alignment with MYOB objectives.
In this role you'll:
- Provide technical leadership to help teams to design solutions, deliver changes incrementally and to drive continuous improvement efforts to ensure that we can "build and run" our software in a balanced & sustainable way
- Use key delivery and operational metrics to identify & drive opportunities for improvement while setting us up for ongoing evolution and scale
- Work with product managers & delivery managers to define and decompose roadmaps.
- Ensure the roadmap development includes key technical aspects which continuously improve our ability to run and operate our products
- Work within your domain, and across a vertical, to drive the strategy of our products & architecture forward
- Ensure security and compliance obligations are met for technology owned by the domain.
- Play a meaningful role as People Leader, coaching and mentoring team members towards high performance and empowering your teams to make decisions for themselves
What we'd love to see you bring:
- In-depth experience in implementing high performance development and engineering capabilities Experience working in complex system architectures
- A strong background managing impactful DevOps or Cloud platform engineering teams
- Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile and lean practices with delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience in driving continual improvement of the Product Development lifecycle, ensuring there is strong alignment to business outcomes
- You love what you do and your passion is shown in your leadership and delivery.
- Embedded great flexible working environment, Flexperience! We want you to do your best work in a way that suits you and your life and we’ll support you from flexibility to your WFH set up
- Collaborative culture that has customer at the centre of everything
- Supportive parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers
- Access to wellness and mindfulness programs
- MYOB Volunteer Leave Program, giving you the opportunity to give back to your community
- Drive your own learning, attend conferences of your choice, do in-house training, and learn from the leaders around you, ensuring you progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you need to work at MYOB, a place where Your Work Matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.