Are you a software leader who could still contribute to our React.js/Native and TypeScript codebase? Can you improve PaperCut's front-end development architectures and practices? If so, we need you!
Based in our Architecture and Platforms team, you'll have oversight and influence across how PaperCut build our products. You'll also join high priority project teams to flex your hands-on development skills where we need them most. These teams are multi-disciplinary across product, tech and go-to-market so you'll contribute to end-to-end product development.
After 20+ years we still have our first employees, first resellers, and first customers. Our success is not measured by profits and business metrics, but instead by the impact we've had on our 125+ million users across 80,000 organisations in 195 countries. We're engineering-driven and fueled by coffee. We build things that make a difference to our planet and have fun doing it.
Some of the things you'll do...
- You'll provide architectural and best practice guidance to our products and teams, so that we're building UI's in the best possible way.
- You'll join project teams, showcasing your hands-on skills and elevating the quality and reusability of front-end components created across teams.
- You'll introduce new technologies to our stack that help us create more delightful user interfaces for our users.
- You'll provide informal leadership and mentorship to our engineering teams, uplifting our front-end development capability.
What success looks like 6 months in...
- You have started to investigate our front-end development practices and architectures and have gathered meaningful insights that could turn into division-wide projects.
- You identified and started to run "easy-win" projects that uplift our front-end development capability.
- You can contribute to architectural decisions across the codebase through both experience and asking for assistance.
- You are mentoring other PaperCutters and uplift the broader PaperCut ecosystem by facilitating and driving education on essential knowledge areas.
What else you can expect from us...
- We're a people-first type of place and we're led by our values in everything we do - Caring, Honest, Intelligent and Nimble (CHIN).
- We've transitioned to a hybrid model and when we can, we will reopen our Melbourne (Camberwell) office so that's it's available to those who'd like to use it.
- When in the office, you can enjoy free parking, unlimited coffee from our in-house espresso machine and drink it in alongside an outstanding view of the city from our outdoor deck.
- Our share the success bonus scheme is a wonderful way to celebrate our success each year. We also offer generous leave options, an individual training budget and a super flexible environment.
- We're also open to alternative working arrangements you might appreciate, so please don't hesitate to highlight this during your application.
Our commitment to you...
Our hiring process lets you show off the very best version of yourself while learning all about us at the same time. Our pinky promise is a candidate experience that’s enjoyable, thorough, and fair. That’s our way of inspiring the world's brightest minds to become PaperCutters.
As an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion, we proudly encourage people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).