Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourages our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not have even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals. Join us and design your future.
About Design Experience
The Design Experience Supergroup at Canva is on a mission to build powerful, yet simple tools that empower anyone to design anything. We work on the core editing components and tools that millions of people around the world use to design everything from social media graphics, to documents, to videos and more.
Pursuing our mission not only supports our existing user base, but we believe will also empower people from around the globe to find and use Canva for the first time, allowing them to create amazing content.
About the Photo Editing Group
Canva is intensifying its focus on photo editing by investing in a brand-new photo editor experience with exciting new features to cannon-ball us miles ahead of the market. Using cutting-edge graphics engineering and AI/ML, the photo editing group is on a mission to build a world-class photo editor to make Canva indispensable in our customers’ lives.
With immense opportunities to innovate in this greenfield area, the photo editing group is supported by strong and extremely talented teams that are building our backend and frontend stack as well as researching, training, and deploying ML models. Using trends analysis, we are exploring customer delight opportunities leading to innovation never seen before in this space.
What you will be doing!
- As a team lead, you will coach, mentor, and grow a team of up to 6 engineers while developing your coaching capability to scale the team and meet the needs of the growing photo editing vision.
- As a technical lead, you will have a hands-on focus on technical problems, solving the most challenging problems, and guiding the team to deliver results.
- As an experienced backend engineer, you will help the team deliver scalable and robust systems to land the new photo editing suite in 2022 and beyond.
- You will work closely with the Product Manager to understand and contribute to the product roadmap.
- As part of cross-functional teams (based in Australia and in Austria), you will partner with the front-end lead/engineers as well as ML engineers to deliver end-to-end functionality for our customers.
- You will drive planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring there is alignment between the company, group, and teams.
- You will foster a culture of knowledge sharing and communication and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group.
- You will own and drive the delivery of large, cross-team, and cross-group initiatives and projects from ideation to completion, with autonomy and independence of decision making.
What you bring to the role!
- Previous experience in technical people leadership or mentorship of junior engineers.
- Commercial experience in a software development environment, building scalable backend systems.
- Most of our code is in Java, so ideally you will be comfortable using or picking up Java - any experience with another similar object-oriented programming language is great.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- A healthy balance of strong technical and people leadership skills.
- Previous experience of working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to break large projects down into smaller ones and deliver on them through others.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves (but not required at all)
- Experience working with AI/ML models
- Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EKS, DynamoDB, SageMaker etc.)
This role is open to remote applicants within Australia and New Zealand that do not need visa sponsorship. We may require occasional travel to Sydney, once it is safe to do so.
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on complex, large-scale, online products that delight our millions of individual and business users alike all over the world - then apply now to be considered for the position!
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Permanent Canvanauts are entitled to:
• Our hybrid work model (in-office & from home) brings our people together for 8 key days a year. The rest of the year you and your team can determine the balance that works best for you.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey to support work-life balance.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription, to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.