Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourages our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not have even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals. Join us and design your future.
About Product Growth:
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design, and we have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The Product Growth Super-Group is responsible for the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue. Product Growth is responsible for the end to end experience of these products; everything from crafting & building amazing product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more.
While we have achieved a lot, we aim to 10x the growth of each of these products globally over the next few years. The Super-Group is made up of 5 Groups, 25 teams and almost 200 diverse individuals who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and growth goals.
About the User Growth Group:
The User Growth group is on a mission to show the world the value of Canva. We are committed to driving impact on key metrics for acquisition, activation, retention, expansion and monetisation of our customers and teams. Key pillars that help us achieve our company goals. The Growth Group is focused on two critical missions: #1 Make sure users of our primary paid subscription (Canva's number one revenue driver) get the most out of their subscription. #2 Empower our users to collaborate and team up on Canva.
Our group works together in cross-functional teams to build growth experiments and features that highlight our values and build growth frameworks and tools to facilitate rapid development in this space. We partner with other product groups and teams, leveraging our growth and experimentation engine to maximize the impact of all the amazing features and bring as much value to our community as possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
- Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Work collaboratively and consult with leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock front-end works that help your group deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Identifies opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieving our goals
- Work closely with Machine Learning engineers to build advanced personalisation experiments that empower our users to get the most out of Canva
- You will be at home working in our core technology environment - our core stack is TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- Experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience developing Java backend
- Experience developing mobile App
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits include:
• Our hybrid work model (in-office & from home) brings our people together for 8 key days a year. The rest of the year you and your team can determine the balance that works best for you.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey to support work-life balance.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription, to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.