Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourage our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals.Join us and design your future.
We’re looking for the next generation of Canvanauts! Be part of Canva’s AAGE award-winning Summer Internship Program and get the opportunity to do meaningful work and build features and functionality that impacts millions of Canva users around the world.
About Canva’s Summer Internship Program
The Internship is a 12-week program that runs from the first week of December to the last week of February. Here you’ll learn to apply best-practice software engineering focused on strong software development fundamentals and pragmatism straight from some of the best software engineers in Australia.
You’ll work on solving real-life challenges faced by our design community and innovate new features with projects that are aligned with your interests.
We’ll pair you with a mentor and assign a buddy who will guide and ensure your success every step of the way, and of course, the rest of your teammates and Internship Program Coordinators will be there to support you, too. It’s a team effort!
You’ll be part of a welcoming and inclusive Early Talent community of graduates and interns that take pride in Canva’s culture of being good humans and empowering each other to achieve our crazy big goals. boba/coffee/gelato runs, movie nights, pizza/pasta making and the occasional karaoke night included.
How We Hire
Once we’ve reviewed and screened your application, the first step will be a coding test sent to your email. The next stage will be an interview with our recruitment team and lastly, a final interview with our software engineers! We will provide you with feedback at every stage of the process.
This will be perfect for you if you:
- Are a penultimate-year student based in Australia (citizen, PR, international student), or New Zealand (citizen).
- Have strong Computing and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals.
- Have the passion to learn and grow as a technologist.
- Are able to commit to the 12-week, full-time summer program from early December 2022 to late February 2023. We can provide some flexibility for dates that might overlap with university timelines.
Please note that unfortunately, Canva does not sponsor immigration visas for internships at this time.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits include:
• Our hybrid work model (in-office & from home) brings our people together for 8 key days a year. The rest of the year you and your team can determine the balance that works best for you.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey to support work-life balance.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription, to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.