We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team you will be joining
The Canva Brand team mission is “to become the most-loved brand in the world”.
We work from concept to creation in all our marketing campaigns that are spread across the funnel. As a brand digital designer you will partner with the team to deliver world-class brand landing pages campaigns for Canva. You will be a creative problem solver who is passionate about storytelling, user experience and visual design. You must be a good communicator with the ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and deadlines.You will be translating creative concepts to digital experiences, working with copywriters, art directors, graphic designers and motion designers. You will bring your experience in mobile design to create experiences that delight and convert.About Digital designVisual Designers, otherwise known as Digital Designers at Canva,
play a critical role at the crossroads of Brand, Marketing and Product. We have millions of people visiting our landing pages everyday and you will be responsible for making sure this first interaction with our brand is memorable by building creative, user-friendly and on-brand digital experiences that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design. It is an incredible opportunity to help increase our brand awareness and also have a direct impact on our MAUs and ARR company goals.
Working in cross-functional teams you will help bring these designs to life from start to finish. Creating, managing, and producing digital design solutions for a variety of uses such as landing pages, websites, product graphics, email templates, brand campaigns etc....
Goals you’ll achieve
- Learn and onboard onto Canva’s digital design system, and designing pages supported by Canva’s CMS.
- Work collaboratively with Brand, Brand Studio, Brand creative, PMs and Engineering to create a web experience for each campaign.
- Produce a range of digital assets including, wireframes, digital assets, prototypes and handover documentation.
- Bring inspiration to drive the future of Canva’s campaign landing pages.
- Work collaboratively with other Digital Designers in the company to align and consolidate UI patterns, share knowledge and learnings, and improve overall website experiences.
What you'll do
- (Discovery) You'll contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions.
- (Definition) You'll translate creative concepts, insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- (Visual design) You'll design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design
- (Implementation) You'll work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- (Iteration) You'll iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- You'll design at scale keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
What we're looking for
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, a strong understanding in user behaviour and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.