We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Team
Our mission in TA is to grow the teams that build Canva. We seek to nurture an inclusive culture that we’ve all worked so hard to create. We care deeply about experiences for both candidates and stakeholders.
We’re trusted talent partners advising on best practices and market trends. We’re here to support the long term growth of Canva while focusing on hiring quality, experience, inclusion and efficiency.
We are storytellers communicating the magic of Canva with prospective ‘Canvanauts’, supporting and guiding them through the recruitment process. We open the door to people across the world to join Canva and do the best work of their lives.That’s where you come in!
We've hired some of the best engineers, designers, growth marketers, and product managers from all over the world - but we're just getting started.
It takes a curious, tenacious, and creative sourcer to make sure we're always discovering talent that will take Canva forward. To ensure strong outbound talent engagement, we are adding a Technical Sourcing Specialist to the team, to focus primarily on Infrastructure and Backend Software Engineering talent.
What You'll Do:
- Hands on identification, selection, and engagement of technical talent utilising boolean wizardry, search engines, GitHub, StackOverflow, and other platforms and communities - LinkedIn should be the last resort
- Work alongside recruiters, coordinators, and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of the role, the technologies in use, and overall structure of the engineering organisation
- Build talent pipelines and act on market intelligence, referrals, events, and targeting mapping and sourcing campaigns
- Screen resumes and conduct candidate interviews to determine role fit and eligibility (for visas, relocation, etc)
- Track pipeline activity to measure performance, find opportunities to increase efficiency, and to share with internal stakeholders
- Promote best practices for data integrity, auditability of our ATS, and work with recruitment operations to streamline processes
- Embody the company values: Be a good human, Pursue excellence, Empower others, Make complex things simple, Set crazy big goals, and Be a force for good
Who you are:
- Knowledge of modern development stacks, the differences between them, and a general interest in software product development
- At least 1 year of technical sourcing experience in an in-house recruitment environment or a search firm
- Experience working alongside recruiters and hiring managers to develop sourcing strategies, market maps, and recruitment campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience with boolean searching across multiple information sources, databases, search engines, and online communities
- Experience approaching, pitching, and engaging passive candidates
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Experience (preferred, not required)
- Previous experience recruiting in the Site Reliability, Developer Productivity, Security, Build/Deploy, or Observability domains
- Experiencing sourcing and pitching candidate relocation; basic knowledge of the mechanics and requirements of the Australian TSS visa subclass
- Working with recruiters and hiring managers across different geographies and offices
Being a Force for good.
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfasts and lunches for us each day!
- A Vibe and Thrive allowance that covers personal education, wellbeing, social connections and home office support.
- In house gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believedeeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.