We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Product Management at Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.About the Trust & Safety Team
The Trust & Safety team at Canva ensures that everyone who creates and interacts with content on Canva can do so in a safe and trusted environment. Trust and safety are an important part of the brand promise that we make to our customers, so making sure that we uphold this promise is an important part of our product and services.
The group is responsible for interpreting Canva’s values and turning them into actionable policies and tools that deal with misinformation, inauthentic behaviour, platform abuse, and possible harm to our customers. This means not only developing and applying the policies, but also developing the systems and parts of the product which enable us to enforce those policies.About You
As a great Trust & Safety PM, you will have the ability to think about and discuss ethical frameworks, then translate that into product development which helps us maintain a safe and trusted environment for our users. This means that you will have to have a good analytical mind as well as an ability to work across a lot of different teams and workstreams in order to get effective trust and safety solutions implemented.
You will also have to be good at thinking on both sides of the coin to pinpoint challenges and solutions: bad actors who might want to take advantage of Canva or do damage to our platform, as well as the innocent users who might have harm inflicted on them through the malicious acts of others.
Goals you'll achieve in your first 6 months
- Collaborate with Head of Security and User Voice group lead on a roadmap to make tangible improvements towards user trust, build out and own the roadmap
- Establish user trust as a company-wide understood program of work and set goals around success measures
- Evaluate DIGI, the Australian Code of Practice for Disinformation and Misinformation, as a guide for industry collaboration and shared nomenclature
Goals you'll achieve from 6-12 months
- Significantly improve user trust measures by focusing on the highest impact features and improvements
- Build long-term vision for Trust & Safety with the focus of making user trust a competitive advantage
- Establish robust cross-functional practices for the identification, decision making, and takedowns of content violating Canva’s terms of service
- You will build the product strategy for improving user trust by collaborating with the Head of Trust and Safety and the head of Security
- You'll be leading and scaling the team to build the platform and tools that enable the next billion users to reliably and securely share their content with Canva
- You'll be driving automation into tooling and processes to enable scale to one billion users
- You'll be the subject matter expert at what it means to build the most trusted brand and how to use security and privacy protection as a competitive advantage
Experience you'll have
- You have experience as a product manager to paint a vision, aligning stakeholders, developing a strategy, and executing through engineering and operations teams
- Strong engineering, security, or technical background to be able to speak the language of engineering
- You have experience with GDPR, COPPA, or other privacy protection regulations.
- You have experience assessing risking based on many different attributes, both internal and external to the company
- You have experience effectively dealing with sensitive material and non-public information
- You have experience in framing difficult problems, making analytical decisions, and communicating those decisions to stakeholders
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.