We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Product Management at Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.About Canva's Marketplace
As an integrated design platform, Canva contains over 60 million pieces of content: from templates to photos, icons, and fonts. All this amazing customisable content helps our users to start inspired and is produced both in-house and by 3rd party freelance creators. The Marketplace is where users come to discover all this amazing content to help them achieve their needs.
You’ll be responsible for collaboratively developing the product vision, building user research and data insights to deeply understand customer problems and opportunities. You’ll be working with other teams such as Content, Search & Recommendations to deliver on the product vision.
- Synthesise both qual and quant research insights to inform product opportunities
- Contribute to the development of the marketplace product vision taking into account our strategy and backed by research insights
- Unify separate isolated experiences into one integrated marketplace
- Engaging with engineering, design and business stakeholders to prioritize the highest impact initiatives
- Working with data analysts to plan experiment objectives, success metrics and run a/b tests
- Collaborating with designers to scope out UX interactions to ensure clarity for engineering teams
- Evaluating our competitive landscape to ensure we are providing users a world-class marketplace discovery experience
- You are passionate about customer outcomes. You are the voice of the customer and relentlessly seek to understand their JTBD.
- You are both data driven and also value qualitative user research.
- When presented with ambiguous problems your first instinct is to unpack the problem into contributing drivers and proceed to tackle the problem in a structured manner.
- You love working with a large number of stakeholders and different teams and are comfortable with building alignment thru influence rather than having direct authority
What you'll achieve in your first 6 months...
- Goal #1: Optimise the templates marketplace UX to increase engagement
- Goal #2: Launch contextual previews and the capability to customise print products in the marketplace before entering the editor
- Goal #3: Collaborate with other teams to understand their goals (e.g. creators, education, enterprise etc.) and how marketplace can help improve discovery for all users whilst maintaining a scalable and consistent platform
You'll love this role if...
- You have 4+ years experience in product management
- You are intrinsically driven by solving user problems
- You love data, and fluently speak the language of experimentation and making data-driven decisions.
- You love user research and seek to validate hypothesis with lean prototypes
- You enjoy working with people across many specialties, from other Product Managers to Engineers, Designers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and building alignment with a range of stakeholders
- Preferably have had prior experience working in a digital marketplace
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.