We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team and roleCanva’s People Group has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community. We're looking for an experienced People Partner (HR Business Partner) to join our global People Partnering team and help take one of our recently formed supergroups to the next level. You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with your People Group peers, and supergroup (Ecosystem & Print) leads to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop and launch programs that support all Canvanauts to be successful. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about supporting teams to scale effectively. You’ll be an experienced HR professional who thinks strategically, but is also prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You know that meeting the business where it's at, building strong foundations and trusted relationships is the key to ensuring those high impact, highly strategic pieces of work land with positive impact at scale.
What you'll do:
- Help build a world-class people strategy that fully embodies our philosophies around empowerment, “minimum viable structure”, results-oriented organisation design etc; whilst contributing your unique insights from a strategic HR perspective
- Become a critical strategic member of your group leadership team and a trusted advisor; guiding and coaching leaders on the full gamut of people challenges and opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of your key partners and the business challenges they're working to solve; design & deliver tailored people strategies & solutions that enable them to achieve their Crazy Big Goals
- Work with your leads to build a highly engaged and effective group, partnering with them on key priorities such as organisation design, workforce planning, team effectiveness, leadership development, talent management, and cultivating culture
- Build critical context within your group and, working with your People Group and CoE peers, be "the voice of the business" in the design phase of Canva-wide talent programs
- Facilitate and build leadership capability around cyclical people programs, such as Impact, growth & development, and compensation reviews
- Actively work to maintain alignment & integration across all of our People teams, supergroups & specialties, and the broader business, identifying challenges and partnering on solutions
What we're looking for:
Being a Force for good.One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone
- Extensive experience in the people & culture space, ideally 7+ years as a People Partner
- Background working with tech startups as well as SaaS organisations that have scaled; ideally partnering with P&L responsible partner groups and diverse business units with several different teams and verticals within
- Experienced and skilled at working with and influencing a wide range of partners, including founders, senior leaders, team leads & coaches, as well as other HR teams
- A natural coaching attitude and approach, as well as an excellent understanding of HR programs including performance management, leadership development, organisational design & development, talent management, and employee relations.
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact.
- Data driven and results focused with prior experience utilising both quantitative and qualitative data to track, measure and evaluate outcomes to demonstrate impact.
- Incredible organisational skills, a high degree of judgement and ability to juggle a diverse range of priorities — a standard day could involve facilitating a session focused on organisational design with your group leads, supporting a coach to navigate a performance issue on their team, partnering with a cross-functional team to integrate a recent acquisition, or driving a calibration process around performance.
- Ability to balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams — you’re comfortable being part of a team, leading projects, or owning things end to end; whatever the job calls for!
- Progressive, innovative and passionate about developing phenomenal people and organisations
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Best Place to Work for the second year in a row.We ensure that the Canva workspace is set-up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat and do your best work! We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvavibe/
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.