We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About The Talent Acquisition Team
Our mission is to grow the world's best team. We do this by connecting talent with Canva's magic globally, hiring Canvanauts who add to our inclusive culture and help us achieve our crazy big goals.
We like to think of ourselves as Canva's secret ingredient. We’re at the heart of everything Canva does - finding the best of the best to help Canva continue to scale at speed. Working in Canva's Talent Acquisition squad, you'll be responsible for growing the unique and diverse team that builds Canva - making a tangible difference to the lives of others every single day.
We invest our time and energy into ensuring you grow and learn the skills you need to succeed. Our open culture results in Canva being one of the most inspiring, engaged, inclusive, and productive places you can work. It's a place where everyone grows together.About the role
Due to our continued global growth, we are looking for an experienced Recruiting Leader who has a passion and love for all things design. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing a recruitment strategy that will help Canva 5x the size of design specialty over the next 3 years. As a leader on the team you’ll work closely with the broader people team, multiple stakeholders and Canva’s ‘Super Groups’, to truly understand their goal, challenges, hiring needs and priorities. You’ll apply your domain expertise to drive strategy & operational excellence in talent engagement, attraction, assessment and inclusive hiring. You’ll be comfortable using data and insights to set these hiring plans and will lead, inspire and coach a team of recruiting leads, recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators to deliver against these plans … oh, and celebrate when they deliver on them!
To be truly successful in this role you’ll be empathetic, flexible, and fallible. You’ll listen actively and always seek to understand, adapting your strategies to suit Canva’s needs. You’ll be unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate and improve on our processes and frameworks. You’ll be passionate about building global and scalable world-class recruiting practices with a constant eye on building for the future.
But it's not just recruitment that you'll focus on. There's scope to work across a broad range of projects and build and develop new teams to help us reach our crazy big goals.
What you'll be doing
- Lead, engage, inspire and develop a team of high-performing design recruiters, talent partners, sourcers and coordinators. Set clear expectations and enable them to develop strong relationships with their hiring managers and act as trusted advisors to the groups and specialties they support.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to your team, giving structure and guidance to empower individuals on your team to grow and thrive in their roles
- Set and drive goals that align with Canva’s needs. Track and analyze metrics on goals and report on hiring and project progress to your key stakeholders
- Partner with our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and People Partner teams to lead initiatives within the team to proactively build diverse candidate pools
- Define, design and implement scalable recruiting strategies and tactics across the recruiting lifecycle taking us from currently 350 designers to over 2,000 and beyond.
- Build and evaluate the Design recruiting team’s processes, assessments and approaches so that we’re poised to hire the absolute best people to drive our mission forward.
- Partner with our talent enablement teams to develop innovative techniques and programs to continuously build our talent pipelines to support the current and future needs of Canva
- Provide leadership and coaching in recruitment processes & frameworks, search strategies, candidate sourcing, assessment, candidate experience and assessment
- Utilize data to influence the overall recruiting strategy to increase the effectiveness
- Stay on top of new trends in the design hiring and talent acquisition space, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting practices and insights
- Advocate, educate, and influence your stakeholders on Canva’s approach to hiring promoting a healthy recruiting culture #recruitmentisateamsport
- Participate in team and company projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition
- Support Cavan’s vision and values through role modelling and coaching desired behaviours
What we're looking for
- You have 8 + years of experience in internal recruitment roles, including people leadership with a successful track record of hiring top creative talent and developing attraction strategies.
- You have at least 3 + years of experience leading a team of recruiters
- You have a keen eye and love for exceptional and beautiful design
- You love to work in an open and collaborative environment, where you’ll be coordinating and communicating with teams around the world.
- You value inclusion and take pride in building a team that brings together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression. Cultural sensitivity and passion for working with a diverse team across different time zones
- You’re a hustler! You’re an independent, adaptable and highly motivated recruiting leader who loves what you do. You’re able to dream big, set big goals and deliver quality results on time. You’re a wearer of many hats and can juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- You have the aptitude to leverage our product, culture and mission of Canva to attract the right candidates.
- Tact, diplomacy and professionalism are a way of life for you when you deal with various sensitive situations across the role.
- Able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, including the founders and senior management.
- You are a strong advocate for candidate experience.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.